How to stop being depressed about being single?

I'm really sick of being single now, I've been single my whole life / never had a boyfriend and it bothers me a lot. I'm constantly complimented by people, random people even who tell me how attractive I am which is nice but they aren't the people who I want to be giving me attention, boys never ever approach me. A few guys talk to me in clubs but again, they're not serious and I'm not interested in that kind of thing I just want a real relationship. My best friend is constantly talking to guys/going on dates and I'm always the one providing support and having to watch her being all loved up when I wish I was in the same position. It really gets me down and I don't know what to do. I know people will say a relationship isn't everything but I'm craving it now, I just want a new kind of experience and I think I'm ready. :( I'm just so lonely and if I'm so pretty and could 'be a model' why aren't boys coming up to me? Lmao

Most Helpful Guy

• guys might be to intimidated by you for one reason or another. do you unconsciously portray that your unapproachable? if thats the case you are going to have to do the work on approaching. that or you looking in the wrong places for the guy your looking for. a club to me is not a place to find a guy for a " real relationship ". look at the people around you in your normal life at coffee shop, place of work, etc do you see the same guy always alone? try asking if the seat is taken and try to talk to them. yes you might get turned down but there is a chance to could meet someone new. plus doing it this way if you dont like them its a public place and you can always leave

• I don't know how to make myself seem approachable? Like I'm smiling most of the time but I don't wanna walk around like a clown smiling constantly just so people feel like they can approach me

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's see here.
    I've been single after being brutally dumped, being told I wasn't enough for him and to consider him a dream. Not too pleasant being told that haha.

If you're depressed being single, I suggest you begin to love yourself. Do things that make you happy. Read, write, draw, play video games, hang with friends, watch netflix. Try to discover yourself, pay attention to the beautiful things in life.

I promise you, if you look at life with a happier view then you will be more comfortable in your own skin. That will make you happy being single. Then a guy will come along one day and steal your heart when you least expect it. Sometimes the best things in life are the most unexpected...

I'm sure you're a beautiful girl, and you will find someone who loves you for you. That is the type of person you should be with, don't be in a relationship just so you're not single anymore.

There was a saying I found and at first, I really liked it because I agreed with it. "They say you can't love someone until you love yourself. That's bullshit because I loved you so much I forgot what hating myself was like."
    I found that a little after my ex left me and I agreed... so fucking much. Well I am working on loving myself and I am so god damn happier with the positive attitude I have.
    I think I have become more abrasive to people but I am being honest. That quote in itself is bull shit.
    "You can't love someone until you love yourself." Is some of the realist shit I've heard.
    You can be happy being single. You don't need anyone to come along and hold your hand throughout life. Be your own person, love yourself and the beauty you give off, it will radiate from you and attract the best kind of people. As friends or lovers.

What Guys Said 8

• Life sucks. Its unfair. Things aren't handed to us. Bad things happen to good people. There's no explanation other than the world hates us all. The best thing you can do is accept this cold fact and realize that life goes on if you want it to. Maybe tomorrow you'll meet your future husband. Maybe not. Tomorrow will come regardless though and you have to go through all 24 hours of it. Thats how you deal with it. Life's a constant gale blowing at us. You can either fight your hardest against it or give up and let it push you down and drag you away. Those are your only two options. They suck but so does life. The lucky few who are spared this don't realize how lucky they are and we mustn't waste a second on them lest we give into our own internal defeat. Focus on you and bettering yourself. People come and go out of your life all the time. The only person who's with you constantly is yourself and thats the person who you need to pamper until someone worthy enough comes into your life. Its hard though and it doesn't get much easier with age.

• Could be people giving you untrue compliments, not saying that's the case but I've seen people call girls cute that definitely were not so people lie.

I understand you're point though, I'm 20 and despite being very social and generally liked by everyone I've been rejected everytime I like a girl and it's well over ten face-to-face times now, I had hope for after high school but the my father passed and I had to get medical tests done to make sure I didn't inherit the issue he had, it was a lonely time being the only child, mom off her rocker, friends off to college while I got picked and prodded by damn people in white coats to see if I'd be crippled l, luckily they say I'm in the clear but all the tests took such a toll on my already weakened from mourning body that I lost scalp hair and had to shave it bald, what attractive girl would date a bald guy? Trust me I've got nothing but disgusted looks now from girls even just when I'm being polite and talking, I couldn't get an attractive girl with hair how am I supposed to without? I do want something legit not a screw around but I also have high standards and when you're bald you're just ineligible to girls who look good, so at least you get compliments you look good I certainly do not and I understand wanting to be with someone.

I'd really rather be dead than live alone or settle but those are my cards now

• Lmao trust me the amount of people that say it to me and say it to members of my family I don't think it's untrue.

• If you're interested, you might be able to find wigs for guys...

• Because when she finds out that wouldn't be a bigger issue then right? no I'm not going to hide under fake hair, mines gone its that simple, I do ask a favor though, given you're a young women you definitely have more insight into the female social circles then I, would you agree with my general as dement that bald so young is usually a pretty big turn off physically to most young women, if you choose to answer be honest, if you've heard friends say it's bad or yourself think that just tell me, believe me I've survived worse

• You need to flirt and approach guys more. The thing about flirting is that it is a numbers game. You have to flirt with a lot of people in order to find the one you want. That means that you should flirt with men that you would not otherwise consider dating, just to keep in practice. At the same time, you have to learn how to "shut off" anyone who interprets your flirting to mean that you would date them, so it's a delicate balance. The same for dating. When someone does say yes, you need to date as much as you can, even ones you wouldn't get "serious" with, so that you become more familiar with how men act and react. At the same time, again, you have to learn how to "cool" them off in the event they are not what you want.

• well theirs my life story if you reverse genders >.<

• Are you ugly? Maybe you are ugly.

• Yeah I'm ugly :) did you read the question?

• Okay but u didn't really answer my question?

• Just get laid I don't know dude

• I've been there, I know it sucks. I think you should give guys you like a little hint that you are interested in them if your not doing so. Because many guys only act when they know they will succeed in trying to establish a relationship, like me.

• Go out there and have fun with your friends and start mingling

• Find a boyfriend

What Girls Said 3

• I kinda of start off sad crying and than I went numb and now I am numb and I can watch romantic things without wanting anything! (: I still can dream thou!

• Awww they are intimidated surley

• Do u flirt at all?