Why can't women just say they're not interested?

So i struck a convo with her, got her facebook, spoke for a week, then i decided to ask her out for coffee... she didn't respond till 2 days later which was not the common theme compared to our texting the past week.
And she replied with "sorry just got this text".
If you're not keen, just say so... why can't women do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey.. as a Swedish girl I think I might know why…. women usually chose their guys if they're really interested. So if she likes you, she'll almost act as if you roofied her the first day. I've given out my number to a lot of guys but I've actually stopped doing that because it seems like you can't make friends with guys.. don't get hurt by this and and angry at girls… it's just the way we are… if she likes you, and you send her a flattering text, or compliment her she will almost ask for a date if she likes you back!

Most Helpful Guy

• Because women are cowardly and hate confrontation. They would rather not saying anything, string you along, or give you BS excuses that are not true in order to avoid coming out and saying the truth that they were not interested. Also many girls like the idea of a guy chasing, and showing interest in them without any intent of liking said guy. So she nay have been just using you to stroke her ego and get attention.

What Girls Said 11

• Her not reponding for two days was her saying no. If you want to survive in dating, you've got to pick up nonverbal signs. Cowards are everywhere. Some men do this too.

• No, your turn, bud. Why SHOULD they?

Hey, look at the bright side, some women wait until seven years of marriage to tell you they're not interested. Or ten years plus one day. Or whenever the hell they start to get the top alimony rate, in your state.

Bright side.

• I always wonder this myself. And for guys as well. If I'm not interested I might try to distance myself civilly before I get asked out, but a point blank request deserves as clear an answer. Also, sometimes girls do this to keep the guy on their hook, in case they need attention or get lonely in the future. It's utter bullshit.

• In my experience, some guys have given me a hard time about me not being interested. Sometimes I'm scared to tell them outright because I'm scared they'll hit on me more. But I must add that these guys were jerks. If a guy takes it well about me not being interested I have no need to enforce it in any other way.

• Just because sometimes girls don't know right away that you want more than friendship and when you ask her this she might get weirded out specially if she's not attracted to you and she doesn't want ro her your feelings she also might feel she mislead you so maybe a little guilty as-well.

• Well, I'm not gonna go "I'm not interested in you!!! Sorry!!" To any guy who flirts or makes conversation. But if he asks me out I have the decency to say I'm sorry but I am not interested. Some girls lack that decency, or perhaps its trying to avoid feeling like an asshole.

• I tell a guy if I'm not interested. No point in getting his hopes up.

• Have you ever seen the Bye Felipe Instagram account? That's why.

• I get really awkward when guys ask me out... whether I'm interested or not.
    I also hate rejecting guys because I feel like a bitch for it. But honestly, there is nothing a person can do about it. If someone isn't interested, then they just aren't interested. Some guys get mean when you reject them, so maybe she just wanted to avoid the situation all together.

• it's kinda harsh to tell someone like that
    especially to a friend

• because most men are beyond devastated when girls say it flat out

and there are women who got shot or raped for saying no...

What Guys Said 10

• Some women don't like to reject guys because they feel bad.

• Move on but keep things nice between you and her. This is what women do when they like another guy more but if that doesn't work out you're the backup, that is why she isn't direct in her rejection.

If she likes you down the track and you are still interested go for it.

• You're fucking pathetic, get off Facebook and go hit on real life women. She doesn't owe you a reply. All you are to her is some thirsty creep who messages her on Facebook. How can you realistically compare to the real-life guys when you're just a computer screen? If she doesn't reply, it means 'I'm not interested bro'. If you had the balls to approach her in person, maybe she'd have had to say that to you. But you gave her the option to pussy out, by pussying out yourself.

• One woman =/= all women.

Just move on to the next girl, right?

• Well, I suppose some women do that because they take lot of time to think and reply. it's possible that she was making an attempt to reject you softly.

• Women are non-confrontational cowards.

• they tell it buddy

• I've had that happen twice but I dunno. I learned that if they don't respond to spend my time doing something worth more than being ignored. don't think about it too hard, just keep it moving

• Because they're bitches... they like to have men hanging around

• Because some men can't take rejection and end up becoming extremely angry and aggressive that's why.

Men want honesty but a lot cannot handle the honest they desire when it's given to them.