Would you date a single parent if they were a full 10 otherwise?

Most people here are in their early 20s, so would usually not be wanting on their own. But maybe sometimes in the future. So to those of you, would you date single parent and take care of their kid, if they were everything you wanted otherwise? Like a full 10 out of 10 on every scale?

I'm asking because my boyfriend is a bit older than me and he has a 1 year old. Mother is out of the picture and he said he was looking for something serious, someone to eventually be a mother to his son.
And I knew he had a kid but never met him, so it was easy to forget. Just for Christmas he introduced us and I panicked a littler. I'm not really to take care of a kid, let alone one that isn't mine. But then on the other hand he is just perfect in every other way. He's handsome, smart, good job, good father, wants a relationship, kind... you know the full package. And I do want a family one day, I was just thinking 5 to 10 years. But then again you grow with your challenges, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I wasn't married, I'd date a single parent on two conditions :
    1. The children's dad and his mom are completely out of the picture: no visiting rights, no shared child education. I don't want to cope with a jealous ex.
    2. The children are some 4 years away from hitting puberty. The time needed for them to accept me. I don't want to cope with an adolescent playing me out against his/her dad and granny.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I'm 21 and thats part of the reason why the last guy I was seeing, mainly just having sex with ( I really started to like him a lot, but dating was out of the question because I did not want to be a step mum to his two kids both under 4). I mean- one day maybe but not right now it just wouldn't suit my life to be honest, I'm still very young and of course I can take care of myself but sometimes I slip up and I feel that it would be a lot of pressure to take care of someone else's child when I'm still trying to take care of myself.

What Guys Said 1

• No I wouldn't. Deal breaker.

What Girls Said 3

• I would not.

• absolutely, it would be an added bonus, you get to see a totally whole new side to them and it would probably help to imagine your future together. if your'e not ready to be a step mother then i think you should to tell him to slow the relationship between you and the child down and take it easy. but if you really don't want the child then i think it would cause huge long term problems as they come as a packaged deal which the child is hugely part of, after all you can't ask him to give up his child for you.

• I would irrespective of if he's a perfect 10 or not