Do you ever befriend men and woman you have no intention of dating?

Today I was in class and a guy who was in a class with me last year went out of his way to say hi to me even though we didn't talk to each other at all when we were taking the class together last year. I was surprised about this because I always assume guys don't talk to girls unless they want to date them. Would you say hi to a man or woman of the opposite gender simply because you people have multiple classes in common with each other when you have never had any contact forced or unforced before that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd never do anything with one of my female friends

What Guys Said 2

• I don't go out of my way to make female friends, but if we happened to talk and I'm only interested in friendship then i'd be friends with her.

• of course just fucking them

What Girls Said 1

• I befriend men because they seem like good candidates for friendship. Are people really only trying to befriend people they want to date? What kind of imbecility is that? This society is going down the shitter.