Why would he get mad?

when me and my ex broke up he said he still wants to be friends...well, after our relationship that would just hurt so bad and I just can't do that.. so out of hurt and anger I said "no". he's acting mad now, and keeps hanging up on me and not letting me explain why. it's not like I hate him, I would love to still have him in my life, but it just hurts so bad. how can I get him to understand he's hurt me and that's just why?!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you didn't do what he expected/manipulated. Of course he's mad. He didn't get his way.

He can't hang up on a greeting card. :-)

Ted

• Ah, thanks, that's very true. & I'm glad you pointed out the manipulated thing. that IS what he's doing.

What Guys Said 1

• thats just something that's going to take time to heal but he can't honestly expect to break up with you and you be like hey lets go grab a drink friend.lol

What Girls Said 1

• I have the exact same thing going on. with my ex. He broke up with me (via text messaging no less) while I was away at school. I come back home for winter break and he tries to act like we are the best of friends and start conversations with me. I just gave him small responses back and would avoid talking to him. I found out he was talking to our mutual friends after that, getting all bothered by the fact that I was giving him the cold shoulder and telling my sister that I hated him. I can't just talk to him and act like he didn't hurt me...because he did. I miss him and would take him back in a heartbeat, but I can't be his friend, it's too painful.

I understand where you are coming from. Makes absolutely zero sense.

• EXACTLYYY ugh, you know how I feel :/

• Yes, it's frustrating, I'm still trying to figure out how I want to handle it with my ex. You want to be there for them, but at the same time, you need to do what is best for yourself. He can't have his cake and eat it too, it's not fair to you. People can sometimes be selfish in that way. They think playing the "Just Friends" card will make it easier on everyone (mostly themselves), so in the end they can still talk to you, but not be restricted to dating you. Hate it.

• Very very true point. Thank you