How to ask this girl to prom?

I am a senior and the girl I want to ask is a sophomore. I was talking to her after class and one of my friends asked if I was going to go to prom and I was joking and I was like "no I hate prom". So the girl says I'll go to prom with you, and I thought she was joking and was gonna say sike or something and I said "no thanks for the offer". She told me I broke her heart, and then we passed her class and she said bye. I texted her after school asking her if she wanted to go to prom again and she said no I broke her heart. I said I was sorry and that I only want to go with her or I won't go at all. She said I lost my chance :( I was sad. I said if she ever really wanted to go with me let me know. I want to ask her again in person but I dont know what to say? Girls help me!

Most Helpful Girl

• Being a girl with friends that date upperclassmen I'll try and help
    1. Before u ask in person apologize in person and talk to her in person
    2. I don't know about her but asking people to dances shouldn't b that fancy (my opinion)
    3. when u ask do it in a cute way
    Like involve her favorite sport or candy
    Hope it helps

Most Helpful Guy

• First, send her flowers. Attach a card that says, "I screwed up. Please forgive me."

Then, send her a letter - you know, you write words on paper and put it in an envelope, address it, add a stamp, and the mailman delivers it. It is a prehistoric method of communication but it works. Tell her that you made the biggest mistake of your life and that you would be the proudest senior in your class if she would be your date to the prom.

If both of those things do not have the desired effect, it is probably a lost cause. If so, you have my condolences; make sure that you learn all the lessons you can learn from this experience.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Apologize in person, bring her flowers or something cute, hug her and ask if she would go to prom with you because it would make you the happiest guy or something.

• Damn man, you blew it.

• You're going to need to make it up to her big. Something that's not cliche, but that, really will make her feel good about herself. if you know her, you'll know what to do