Girls, what would you do if you caught your boyfriend cheating on you?

Before you break up with him, would you punch him or slap him or even choke him?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to me. And basically what happened was I found out he had an active dating profile while we were together. A friend of mine messaged him, seeing him on there and started talking to him. He didn't know she was my friend. So he told her a bunch of stuff.

He had been seeing someone else at the same time and I found out that they had broken up because she didn't want to go on trips (which I was trying to get him to go on).

I had no idea. Maybe I was naive. But basically what I ended up doing was confronting him, I tried to talk to him about why he did this and whether he was unhappy in the relationship and if he was, why didn't he tell me?

He essentially had no answers for me, and denied the profile existed. But then admitted it existed but said it was a guy who was pretending to be him online, and that he was in contact with the site and the page would be down in 24 hours. Which never happened, the page is still up and he's still active on there. Yet he thinks I'm the bad guy for 'breaking his heart'.

I honestly wanted nothing to do with him after I found out. I was devastated and hurt. This was a guy who said he wanted to move in with me and have a future together. Obviously that was all a lie.

I stopped talking to him and haven't spoken with him since. I ran into him once, and he looked terrified of me. I just kept walking. I have nothing more to say to him and want nothing to do with him,

I kind of wish I had done something, like punch him or kick him, But I thought about that and what would it accomplish?

I felt like moving on and living my best life, was probably the best revenge I could get. Maybe not the most immediately satisfying. But one day when I am married to an amazing man and life is all falling into place, I will be thankful he is out of my life :)

What Girls Said 13

• Tell him to get the fuck out whilst I decide what's going to happen next. But no, I'm not going to resort to violence, I'm not pathetic.

• I have caught my boyfriend cheating on me. I walked in on him. He chased after me, I dumped him and left.

• I'd never be violent. I would be sure to lay on the guilt thick though and really let him know he hurt me but after that it would be absolutely no contact. I wouldn't talk to him again.

• 1) confront and confirm
    2) turn on irreplaceable by Beyoncé
    3) leave him and never look back
    4) find a good friend
    5) tell them cry and move on
    6) oh and a hot hook up as rebound.

• None of that. You're just giving him the satisfaction. Leave without a word. delete his number. And drop his stuff at his house when he's not home

• I would smash my fist through a wall like the mofo hulk! lol but serious.

• but serious?

• what would you really do?

• You don't think I would smash my fist through something? I'd be so effing angry! wouldn't you if your girlfriend whom you genuinely loved cheated on you?

• Probably go home and cry.

• I'd say "We're done" and leave the scene.

• Its not worth the drama so I'll just leave his ass and never return✌

• I would put him on the dirty. com and make up a horrible story!

• Walk away block number block Facebook probably throw up get an check up and never look back. Possibly at most laugh at them both , reacting badly will only feed the ego it's best to litterly go cold and delete

• Ask what caused him to cheat. I'm curious

• I would throw their asses out of my house while I dump the cheating jerk.