Is it weird to have a virtual girlfriend?

I want to have a virtual girlfriend. Maybe it will help my social skills. But would it be weird?
I ask this because I saw this youtube video of this guy named sal9000 who married his virtual girlfriend. The girl is from a game called Love Plus (see image). He seems very happy.

One of these girls will be my girlfriend in the game, and it's supposed to be a real life dating simulator and the girls react to how a real-life girl would react. I think this will help my confidence... or is this too weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• ah, theyre Asian xD lol of course

I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• ". I think this will help my confidence." How so? Because you aren't going to do good in that game and magically say "OMG, NOW IM READY FOR REAL GIRLS", right? Naw you're probably going to become fat as fuck, socially awkward as all hell and addicted to that game sadly.

So why not befriends some girls IRL and take it from there?

What Girls Said 9

• I've seen these dating sims before. They're not realistic for one bit at all and are terrible if you really want to practice. No girl ever in real life will react like those girls do. Not for one bit.
    Most dating sims are made to act very submissive, cute and naive because a lot of their play group like that, but in real life, girls aren't like that at all.
    If you just think it's fun, you can always try it, but it's just a game. Don't take it serious.

• mho right here ^

• Its not a good start though because like what @spuitkaas said, we're nothing like that and you're only going to be going further than reality and you're going to be even more confused once you actually date, plus do you think a girl would want to date a guy who has a computer girl friend that isn't real, I doubt it. It almost seems like you're scared to date so you're telling yourself this is a start and you'll do it later, procrastination. Not only that, but its a computer, so not only its nothing like reality, but there's no real feelings or emotions there. Just get into dating with a REAL woman.

• I don't think Japanese girls are like that either. Not that I know any, but how those girls act is pretty unrealistic.
      It seems like you're really scared of girls. Have you ever had a female friend? Maybe it will be less frightening if you can see that girls and guys are in a lot of ways not that different. Maybe try online chatting with a normal girl if talking to a girl in real life is too scary.

• Lol on your way to being an otaku/weeaboo.
    😂 We need @Mistnigqa808

• kinda of! ahhaha!

• If it will truly make you happy, do it

• Oh man this is so sad... Like.. What will he do if his Nintendo breaks or something happens to the game when they don't produce it anymore 😂😭

• Those game are made for entertainment you can play and get a few tips on it, but girls will most likely both have the same attitude.

• Yes, yes it is.
    But hey, if it'll make you happy... by all means go agead and get one.

• thanks, I'm scared I might get obsessed with her. my girlfriend would be the girl in the middle on that picture. i wonder what my friends would think of me😶 ...

• lol You made me remember this song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

• Seriously dude? Help your own confidence and put yourself out there. Who cares if you get rejected. Dust yourself and keep it moving

• I'm scared of rejection, it's why I've never had a girlfriend. There must be some confidence boosters somewhere and I think this game is the answer I hope

• Nothing will help you but you. Everyone gets rejected. It's not a big deal.

What Guys Said 20

• "realistic"
    https://youtu.be/4tROktDdFbI

on a more serious note: I don't think they will help you with girls irl, even if they are more realistic than the one above because they will just give answers to choose from, while in a real live situation you don't have that and might not know what to say. Also I don't think trying to learn "what a woman wants" like it's some game that can only be solved by knowledge is a good approach. Women are human just as you are so you should just behave like you would like others behave towards you as a general guideline: respectful, sincere, etc. ofcurse you have to take a certain bias into consideration (saying "hey want to fuck" might work if a woman says it to a man eventhough it would still be pretty bolt. But the other way around it would certainly result in disaster simply because of the womanizer/whore-bias). And the rest is just personality which you also can't train for because it's different for every person. This is also the part of dating that is the most fun imho: to explore the other persons personality.

• Yeah. It's weird.

https://youtu.be/JVNHytyB2rE

• Lol, I guess it's weird because robots that have intelligence can take over the world?

• Yes, it is weird.

• Wow. No, real girl, man. Always. Besides why is rejection such a bad thing? It takes way more courage to actually confess AND face being turned down. People who want to date virtual reality are just running scared because the very idea of rejection scares them so much.

• Its my biggest fear. I just dont know how some people can be so confident, I envy those kinds of people. I never dated before and its hard to get into the game

• Maybe try a real relationship first?

• Wtf is wrong with people on gag?

@consultantisback
    @polocrew

These are all the anons hating on my aesthetic post.

• then some of these wierdo basement dwellers come after us bc we resemble the jocks that used to bully them, and makes gag unpleasant for us, smh

• I would say, it is best to separate fantasy from reality. Yes, you can have virtual or celebrity crush, but you need to know that those kind of crushes do not exist in reality.

• You can get an "Invisible Boyfriend" or an "Invisible Girlfriend". So I don't think it's that big of a stretch to love imaginary characters.

Google Invisible Girlfriend or Invisible Boyfriend and give them a try if you want to see.

• What ever makes you happy.
    It's your private life and got sod all to do with anyone else.
    It's not for me but if you want to do it why not.

• 0|1
  • Ill be honest man, it won't help your social skills. You will be a depressed fat guy who falls in love with a fake girl and you will only be sad and lonely. My advice is buy some new clothes, get a haircut, and be confident in yourself.

• You are on your own dude.

• ohhh man... ouch

• This is without a doubt the most cringey thing I've read today. Go get some real-life pussy, man. It's the only way. your computer cannot replace the vagoo, no matter how hard it tries.

• If it makes you happy, then go for it... but remember physical intimacy is very very important, so sooner or later you will need a real girlfriend...

• That is the definition of weird.

• Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• are those like chia pets? water them and they grow?

• It's weird because she's not fucking real

• I'd rather wait until they make androids. I'm never going to meet a woman that likes me so why not?

• Online relationships are normal... but this? WOW.

As long as she can do the cooking, cleaning and sexual serving I guess it's ok :D