Which gender is usually more desperate for relationships: guys or girls?

I think it's guys.

• Guys
  • Girls

Most Helpful Guy

• I think both at different stages of their lives.

I've noticed guys in their early 20's are basically longing to being in a relationship. Just notice how many 18-24 years old here post a lot of questions being depressed about not being able to have a girlfriend and feeling lonely. Lots of men fall back into this stage around their 50's or so but later get over it. I'm not much of a book reader but you should check out a book called "Life & Times of Michael K" by J. M. Coetzee that has an underlying theme on male loneliness.

Girls my age until their mid 30's are the ones desperate of being in a long term relationship. I remember someone referred me to a forum of women discussing their lives at 30 years of age and they recalled these things. I've heard people calling this stage when women "hit the wall", which is probably a term coined by MGTOW's. Basically, when their looks and their options go down, along with being close to become less fertile, it makes women crave on settling down with someone. It has been said that this stage is coming earlier to modern females.

I would call it a tie, generally speaking. Though obviously it differs slightly from person to person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are more afraid to be alone, girls are more afraid of not having a meaningful relationship...

• I've never heard that before, what makes you say that?

• Wow, the fear of being alone seems kinda true about guys, now that you mention it.
      I've had relationships end where I'm the one who ended it or where he's the one who ended it, and in both cases, I may think about him at first, but pretty soon I forget about him. The guys, though, even if we weren't together long, or it never went anywhere, or they were the one who broke it off in the first place--the guys have ALL come back within a few months and messaged me. It didn't even seem like they were all necessarily trying to get back together with me--more like, they just needed some reassurance. "This girl liked me once, so I should be able to find another girl who likes me too"--it felt sort of like that.

• @Melirain Haha yup! You get it. =)

What Guys Said 22

• It's not really gender more of experience. The people who have never had a relationship are really, really desperate.

• Girls are more desperate for committed relationships. Guys are more desperate for sex, though.

• Men for sure no question

• Let's see I scrolled to the men seeking women section of Craigslist and found 2000 personals. The women had 150 personals so I would say men are way more desperate.

• Its a tie Both need and want each other

• IRL: Girls
    On this site: Guys

• Lol Chicks ofcourse, they are so desperate that they falling for that same fucboy trick since 337 B. C

• There'd be much more single women if women weren't so desperate. Guys crave them but many of the women I know evaluate their worth as a person based on whether she's with a guy. There have been exceptions of course but that is the rule in my experience.

• Hmm I don't really know.. I've known desperate men and women that have a hard time with relationships because they're so desperate.

• Well the poll kinda says that majority of girls think guys are more desperate and majority of guys think girls are more desperate.

• Girls, I think it's pretty obvious.

• Girls. Guys are more desperate for sex.

• I think guys want to get laid and women don't really care, lol.

• Before 22, Guys. After 25, girls.

• Im pleased with the results, obviously people are learning, us men can just go and take a girl for sex and just dump her, it is women that are always interested in relationships, this is proven on dating sites.

• why do you think guys?

• I'd say, when younger, guys are more desperate. When older, women seem to be more desperate.

• Girls want RELATIONSHIPS more than guys, but guys want sex more than girls.

• It's impossible to say

• Girls. I've been single for 27 years, I'm still airhgt

• at your age guys.

Comes down to supply and demand.

• you think bullshit. you probably are just some cold hearted bitch which can't love. thats yur problem

• What's your problem? I just stated an opinion and I'm suddenly a cold-hearted bitch? Lol.

What Girls Said 11

• yeah i think it's guys too. many, not all, of them tend to attach their worth to whether or not they have a woman in their lives.

• I would change "woman" for "pussy". Most guys are "taught" that their worth is measured on how much pussy they get, so being in a relationship isn't something that will help you get more pussy.

• I dont really care what theyre taught tbh. U dont have to listen to everything you're told. Any man who detaches the pussy from the woman ain't worth the time of day anyway. @aledeeurope

• I agree, but what I'm trying to say is that men that base their worth on women, don't do it based on having a girlfriend, like you said, but on how much sex they can get.
      You may not care what they're taught, but that doesn't stop the fact that society teaches men to value themselves based on how much pussy they get.

• Girls are more desperate for relationships from what I've seen. Guys are more desperate for sex though.

• Guys of course!

• Girls are more desperate for Relationships
    Guys are more desperate for Sex

• Desperate people are desperate regardless of gender

• Women probably

• Like an ACTUAL relationship? I wouldn't say either. I'm super craving for a real romantic passionate loving relationship really really bad.

• Girls are more desperate for relationships, but guys are more desperate for sex.

• it's hard to say it's probably girls that are desperate for reletionships

• It depends. Men seem to be more comfortable when they are with a woman. And, women can find ways to entertain themselves more easily. Some men can and some women can't.

But, it varies from person to person

• Girls. Guys are desperately trying to get sex