Is it weird for your girlfriend to still be friends with her ex?

I just found out that my new girlfriend is still friends with her Ed whom she dated for 4 years and broke up with 4 years ago. Is this weird? How would you feel about it? I dated s girl for 7 years and we are not friends and have zero contact since breaking up last summer.

• Normal
  • Weird

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never have contact with an ex. I would never put a new partner in an uncomfortable position like that. I'd feel I was disregarding and disrespecting his feelings. If I was dating a guy who was still in contact with an ex that would be a deal breaker for me. It would make me feel emotionally unsafe.

Personally, I believe if two people who've had a history together can remain friends after a breakup , they were either never in love or they still are.

I thinks it's disrespectful to your new partner , and it just complicates the new relationship. I have boundaries within a relationship so I won't tolerate anything that makes me feel unhappy or uncomfortable... that's the way I am. Everyone views situations differently though. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her you're not ok with it.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends how close they are, I'm 'friendly' with an ex but he lives 300 miles away so I feel safe to be. If she's like meeting him and texting a lot its not cool, I would talk to her switching the scenario around to see how she would feel : \

• I would have liked to stay friends with my ex of 2 years but he doesn't want to. I stayed friends with most of my other exes, although those were nothing serious. Some I dont see anymore due to growing apart, but Im on good terms with most of them.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it is weird she is still friends with her ex because not to many people are. Also it's easier to get jealous and question her more about it. It takes a lot of trust to not think she is messing around with her ex.