Which one do you agree with?

• Female promiscuity has a lot to do with insecurity
  • Female promiscuity has a lot to do with low self esteem
  • Female promiscuity has a lot to do with low self respect
  • All of them
  • Some of them
  • Neither of them

Most Helpful Guy

• Promiscuity definitely has to do with mental issues - so insecurity, low self-esteem and low self-respect are good bets.

Promiscuous people have been linked again and again to...
    ... mental instability and higher rates of mental illness
    ... higher rates of STDs (It's a numbers game)
    ... be more likely to be a single parent (numbers game)
    ... have higher rates of abortion (numbers game)
    ... have less stable relationships and higher divorce rates
    ... have increased chances of having been in an abusive relationship
    ... be more likely to cheat
    ... be more likely to become addicted
    ... be more likely to come out of a broken household.

Sources?

cdn.freedomainradio.com/...iage_Partners_Study.pdf
    -> Page 19-25. Especially Page 24-25 is quite relevant.

www.everydayhealth.com/.../...eaten-longevity.aspx

news-releases.uiowa.edu/.../061411paik_study.html

www.barbararisman.com/.../...earch_final_paper.pdf

www.ideals.illinois.edu/.../Saroj_Hardit.pdf
    -> Promiscuity is linked to sexual aggression.
    -> Page 59. "The number of sexual partners was positively related to parental violence."
    -> Page 70. "As the number of sexual partners increased, so did the propensity to sexually aggression."

http://www.bradley.edu/dotAsset/165862.pdf
    -> Page 4. "Perhaps the strongest personality correlate of risky sexual behaviour is impulsive sensation-seeking"
    -> Page 8. Promiscuous people are more likely to be impulsive, have low agreeableness, low conscientiousness, sensation-seeking and a higher level of sexual infidelity.
    -> Page 14. "People who describe themselves as more unfaithful tend to have personality traits linked to a lack of trust and empathy (i. e. low agreeableness)"

www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits/
    -> Point 11. Promiscuity is a common symptom of psychopathy. Goes hand in hand with the other study mentioning impulsiveness as it shows it here on point 14.

ink.library.smu.edu.sg/.../viewcontent.cgi
    -> Page 8. Higher amount of sexual partners is directly linked to higher degrees of psychopathy, narcissism, machiavellianism and an increase of any combination of those 3.

genepi.qimr.edu.au/.../CV262Bailey_UQ_Copy.pdf
    -> Page 4, Table 1. (Note: Sociosexuality = Parameter for willingness to engage in sexual activity outside of comitted relationships)

To put it into my own words: I think promiscuity is a symptom of mental instability and is a way of self-destructive behaviour, just like i. e. Obesity (not physical-health induced obesity). It's a huge red flag objectively, biologically and evolutionary for anyone who wants a comitted and successful relationship.
    Thus there is no logical argument to me that promiscuity is in any way to be seen as positive.

What Guys Said 10

• promiscuity and the things you listed are some of those things that have a high correlation but low causation. Ultimately, sex feels good. A girl that is secure, with a high sense of self worth is more likely to not give a damn if other people want to call her a slut for enjoying sex - and so she does so, often, with complete strangers if necessary, with no regards for who knows or comments. On the other hand, there are also confident women who don't have sex, due to a low sex drive, high standards, or something else.

And yes, there are also those girls who only have sex because they do not consider themselves 'good enough' to get attention from men any other way. But again, there are women with low self esteem that try other approaches to getting attention - or simply learn to live with not having attention.

It's important to resist the temptation to lump all girls into the same category based on speculation over the motives of a few.

• There's supposedly is a correlation between depression and promiscuity although that doesn't mean it's true in all cases. There's also something called sociosexual orientation.

www.hookingupsmart.com/.../

• there is also some evidence that more attractive women have less casual sex

www.hookingupsmart.com/.../

So I do think there is some truth that many women use casual sex as a means of validation and a compromise for being unable to get committed relationships.

• Some of them. On some women it applies everything, and on some just one.
    I've yet to meet a woman (or man) who is promiscuous ONLY because they like sex, all of them tend to hide something which is really the root of their promiscuity.

• They might just like having sex with people, lol.

I don't think every girl ever has sex with people just to validate their self-worth or something.

• I don't think it is related to any of those things... some women just are open to their sexuality so there is nothing wrong with seeking many sexual partners if they are not committed to one specific person

• I think it's a social acquired trait.

• Feminism is filled with butthurt sloots who can't get laid

Add this there

• no, girls like sex. dont be envious now.

• I voted F because some girls do just like sex - not enough of them in my view...

I'm sure some do do it for those reasons though.

(Also "neither" should only be used when there are two things involved, here you should have used "none".)

• Maybe they are just very open with their sexuality and don't mind having sex

What Girls Said 7

• Well shit, I just wanted to open the poll in the live feed but managed to click twice and happened to vote for A. But I truly vote for F. Most promiscuous girls just like sex in general. A few might do it for validation or because of a bad childhood or something but I do believe most do it just because they enjoy sex.

• Those who dont sleep around dont enjoy sex?

• I didn't say that lol. This is just HOW they enjoy their sex to be had. One doesn't cancel out the other.

• Why can't women just like sex?

• Neither of them

• I think female promiscuity has everything to do with being free

• Girls can enjoy sex just as much as dudes can, people need to get this through their heads. However, I do know a lot of girls who will do it due to insecurity issues so that is often a factor, but it has zero to do with self-respect.

• why does this only apply to women?

• I think is all of them and many other factors may be involved too such as love history, maturity, education, personality, relationship with family, experiences as child , etc.