Should you tell someone you like them even if you're sure they don't feel the same?

Update: I decided I will eventually tell her, but I'll wait and see what happens first. I did ask her out a few weeks ago and though it felt awkward, she did say yes. Something serious came up though and she had to cancel.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's up to the individual.
    In some cases telling does more harm than not telling. Gotta look at the particular situation and figure out what's the best thing to do.
    I personally have done it only once, I knew he wouldn't like me back, but I just needed to get it off my chest. No regrets there.

What Girls Said 9

• You definitely should! Then you won't be stuck in limbo and can either move forward with your romance or friendship

• I did that and I wish I wouldn't have said anything

• @Londonscotland that's really good that you got to move on without him dragging you down.

• In a way he did but thank God nothing else happened besides us holding hands.

• Take the chance, it's better to then living life just not knowing.

• good question. for me, i probably wouldn't, simply because I'm too scared, but as a guy, it's probably best for u too since as u know this is what women want u to do for the most part.

• How are you sure?

• We have talked and hung out a few times. Whenever I text her, she either does not respond or give one word replies. I did ask her on a date (it was awkward) but she said yes anyway, but ended up cancelling because something directly came up.

• Does she seem like she's having a good time with you? Giggling, excited, etc? How does she act around you?

• I haven't the chance to hang out with her in awhile but I see her all the time since we work together. Usually at work it's like a "Hey what's up?" type of thing. We usually don't have time to talk much there but last time we hung out it was pretty laid back, with her wanting to know stuff about me and telling me about her.

• I would... a guy I didn't like, once he asked me out, said he liked me, I started thinking about him differently and started liking him back. It might work, like planting a seed lol

• Do it, it would remove a great pressure from your chest but if it's a long term super friendship SHUT UP (sorry for my english)

• Have you tried to arrange another date? Granted the serious issue has been resolved...

• The reasons why I haven't is first because after I asked her on a date she did say yes but later she told me she was in the process of moving, but was having trouble finding a place and wasn't looking for anything serious because of the move. Given that was a month or so ago I don't know if she is still moving and don't want to seem needy or annoying by asking for another date. Secondly she lately has been showing signs of no interest whenever I text her by either giving 1 word replies or no reply.

• I would, you never know
    Not saying anything would drive me nuts

• It depends on whether the person is a friend or not. It's a risk you take. It could cost you your friendship or heart.

I was friends with a guy and I decided to tell him i had feelings for him. To be honest, I thought he felt the same, but I was so wrong 😞 he didn't at all. I felt embarrassed and humiliated , but I hid my hurt and just carried on as usual around him. He gradually distanced himself and now we don't speak anymore. I regret telling him because I miss his friendship

In your case , you think she may not feel the same way , but you could be wrong and hopefully she does feel the same as you. If not, maybe you won't feel as humiliated as me because you don't seem to think she likes you anyway.

So you have to decide if you'll feel more hurt regretting not telling her , or more hurt if you were rejected by her 😊

What Guys Said 8

• I normally don't take risks in this area I try to find out if they like me beforehand even a little. I only ever blindly ask if I really like the gal or feel she's worth blindly taking a risk on which isn't usually.

• Lol fuck that shit.. I don't tell someone I like them, even though i know they do. I express it, it's not boring and primitive, and is more beautiful.

• Yes, but you may end up like I did, go from talkative to shy in 2.2 seconds. Avoiding me won't intiate a hello, sitting away from you at lunch table, blocking you on all social media and at work messenger. Well hey least you will know...

• I wouldn't, there's no point.

• Yeah, then at least you know for sure and can move on.

• Yes don't make my mistake

• if you truley loves her tell her

• Been there, done that, the result was as can be expected.