Are most people excited about their partner from the start or do most people take time to feel that way?

I'm curious how relationships start for most people. Is it excitement and or more ambivalence?

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes time. In all my relationships, we started as friends and then decided we wanted to date sometime later

Most Helpful Girl

• It just depends... Now in days in take awhile for me to be that way

What Guys Said 1

• It is excitement from THE START. Women have the bad habit of dating men that they aren't attracted to initially and then becoming attracted to them which leads to further complications.

• You do hear a lot of advice to do that...

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, I wasn't that excited with my partner at the start, I was still getting to know him but we didn't make it official yet, but we kept going on dates- I knew i wanted it to go somewhere, It wasn't until we went away together not far, but a 2 hour drive away and spent a couple days together is when I truly started falling for him. I always tell him we did it kinda backwards because usually at first in the past I was really excited and wanted to see them all the time.

• ambivalence, then excitement then both? lol

• Haha. What makes you change stages?