Could he have lost interest that quickly or am I overthinking things?

I met a guy a few months ago and we get on so well. We have so much in common and we can talk for hours and hours, never running out of things to say to each other. He has told me countless times that he really likes me and talks about us and a future he sees us having. There are times when he reads my messages and doesn’t reply but he did tell me from the start that he can be a bit useless like that. I don’t really mind because I tend to value quality over quantity and when we do talk it is fantastic! We usually always chatted on whatsapp and we would ring each other the old fashioned way lol. I last text him on whatsapp on 27th December and it was delivered but not read. The other message I sent after that was never delivered. He definitely hasn’t blocked me but I did think he would have told me if he was no longer using the app. I sent him a normal text but didn’t get any reply. On New years I sent him a message on facebook saying ‘happy new year:) :) xx’ and he sent back ‘you too 😉 xx’ and he also liked my status too. I haven't heard from him since and I sent him a message on Saturday of a photo that reminded me of him. I’ve not sent him anything since then because I want him to miss me but I also want to ask him what’s up. I appreciate over the holidays people are really busy and I know he has went quite some time not texting back so I should be used to it by now. He responded positively to the new years message but now I dont know what to do. He told me the day after boxing day how much he really liked me and talked about our future so surely he couldn’t have changed his mind that quickly? Sorry for the really long post but should I ask him whats going on?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I hate to say this but it does sound like he has either moved on, or he's rethinking things. Guys can be shy about approaching women but if they've got positive feedback and encouragement - which you appeared to give him - they keep things up if they're interested. THEY'RE usually the ones that are worried the girl will lose interest.

Then again, it hasn't been that long. Perhaps he really has been very busy, depending on his job or whatever. Either way, rather than remaining in limbo, I would simply ask him where you guys stand. Be casual and breezy about it and see what he says.

• I know the company he works for is switching owners and he said it was gonna be pretty hectic so i'm hoping that's all it is. He did text me and ring over the holidays to see how I was because I was really ill. I know it hasn't been that long of no contact really but i've had bad experiences with men in the past. I wanted to say something to him but I don't want to come across as needy. He did say at the beginning that he is useless at texting back so i'm kinda used to it a bit but still. He also said he was talking to his mates and they told him he needed to find himself a good woman. He told them he found me :) he seems so keen and tells me he really likes me but also that he can be a bit backward when it comes to women..

• Guess that's what I'd do. You don't have a lot of information to go on, so you have to ask something.

• it does drive me crazy to be honest as I dont know whether he is just being as he said 'useless' or if he is deliberately ignoring me.

What Girls Said 0