Guys, Boy-Girl Bestfriends?

Let's say, if you have a bestfriend who you've been super close too, would you ever date her? There's probably mutal attraction, you know everything about her, she knows everything about you, why not give her a chance? If you have been friends for so long and do not see any other girls and solely hang out with her, why not? Does anyone believe these kinds of relationships can work?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• They can work, and in my opinion when they do they tend to have a much stronger foundation to last long as you probably have shown each other some of your less-optimal side (be it confiding in the some of your "weaknesses"/emotions you don't go around tell to everyone, or otherwise) yet you still care for one another. I'd say that beats going for a casual date with some relative stranger to whom you'll only show your best side and he/she showing his/hers to you and base a bond to that, only to later slowly get more and more of the "bad" sides shown.

However, going for a relationship from a friendship has some risks. No mutual attraction required for an actual relationship to work, either side not having developed the romantic interest for the other, simply turning out to be "only" friendship compatible with one another.
    Depending on the two people and depending on the situation, that could mean losing a friendship over it. It's a risk not many people are willing to take. Even "confessing" feelings developed for a friend is often suppressed or postponed to avoid that risk. Especially when it's a very close friend the risk may not outweigh the potential reward when the signs of mutual romantic development/attraction aren't sufficiently abundantly clear.

What Guys Said 8

• These relationships can work.

• I only had an old lady friend years ago and no I would never date her she was the Vitamin Lady

• guys make lousy girlfriends and vice versa. Men and women think differently have differing emotional connections. Guys are way more entertaining to a guy, so the only reason he's interested in a girl is if he is sexually attracted to her. Otherwise what's the point.

So yes, if you like the girl then pursue her. Don't be in the 'friend zone'. It's pathetic.

• I have different view in this.

It might work because both parties understand every corner of the other. Less likely things will het wrong and etc.

But if things do get wrong, you must rmber that you might lose someone that was really close to you. And sometimes being bestfriends is there best.

• this happen to me in 3rd grade in was so little lol

• This is actually the only way I operate.

• I might try it to see how it would go. Sometimes they don't work for the better

• It could work