Scars on my chest and side. How should I react when she asks?

I've got scars from the military. They're several on my hands, feet. There's 2 gnarly scars across my chest and on my left side.
I'm in good shape, and when I workout, the one on my chest gets really red for the whole day, it's weird.

I don't really care about the scars, and for the most part, women don't usually say anything bad about them. They ask, and i say they're from the army and we leave it at that.

But this girl I dated recently said I should get tattoos to cover them up. She said it'd be hot. She then asked why I don't have tattoos, i said I'm marked up enough.

Anyway this is the first time that I've felt bad about them and kind of ugly. I know I shouldn't care, but it kinda hit that nerve, ya know?

What should I say next time a girl says something like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I find scars really hot. It's not even because it makes the person seem dangerous, I just love all things like that. Scars, freckles, acne, stretch marks, it's all actually attractive to me. It makes you unique. It makes you human. If a girl doesn't like your scars, tell her that you don't like her negativity towards said scars, because you could find somebody who genuinely likes your scars.

Most Helpful Guy

• You got those wounds fighting for your country. While I feel that the wars we are in now were foisted upon us to make the mega-rich richer, I salute the spirit behind your sacrifice. You should feel nothing but pride for what you have done and undergone, and the scars you bear are a testimony to you.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly don't feel bad, she kind of sounds shallow- in the sense of telling you to get tattoos just because theyre hot- at the end of the day if you did, it won't make you feel any different except for pain lol. I get what you mean though, she should've just left it at that, I understand people offering their opinion but I think she could've worded it better like "Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo over them?" if you said no- then so be it.

• I don't think you have to worry about a girl saying something like that, most people don't jump to tattoos when they see scars. But if you do happen to meet a girl who says something negative in general about them, just say something like "if that's the case then don't look" or "you're being really rude right now". Or, if you can, just leave.

• Tell her the truth. Scars tell a story. I wouldn't want u to cover them up.

• Scars wouldn't bother me. If the guy wanted to tell me about them, I would be interested in hearing how he got them. If he preferred to keep that private, that is fine as well. Honestly, if you don't want tats, don't get them. That's your body. Don't feel bad about them.

What Guys Said 2

• Scars are how we remember. It's your life marked in your skin, if you are comfortable with them then leave them be.

• OMG Rambo! So sexy! That girl was so horrible, poor little you. haa