How far is considered long distance relationship?

I met a guy 2 hours away and people are asking if I can 'handle' an ldr. To me, that's not ldr.

Most Helpful Guy

• The term long distance is actually doesn't mean distance as the other comments say. If you will be able to see this guy often, then it is not a long distance one. But if you will see him rarely, then it is. And mostly the long distance relationships don't go well because if it continues to be long distance for some time, eventually one of the sides (you or him) will cheat on each other. Love means touching, seeing. Lovers want to touch, stare each others eyes, spend some time together. They want to hold hands. In the absence of these, people mostly seek another lovers which are near them to actually do these often. That's why people cheat on long distance relationships. Would you prefer a man that you see once a week or a man you see almost everyday , holding hands, engaging in conversation and doing activities?

• Good point, we spoke about seeing each other every weekend and sometimes throughout the week, if time permits. Maybe we'll see where it goes, but your words alone have made me feel like I should not get involved so I won't get attached. I can handle seeing him every weekend and once during the week, but the idea of cheating scares me.

• Women and men have an equal propensity for cheating. The difference statistically is insignificant.

• @ArtDent thanks for your input and I agree with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• LDR is when he's in another country or in another state which is far from where you live: for example LA and Tn
    my boyfriend is living in france and I live in NY but i'm not American

• He lives in another state, but is only 2 hours from me. We just started talking a few weeks ago and are meeting this weekend.

• all the best
      and good luck

• Thanks, it's my first so I hope it goes well.

What Guys Said 5

• It sounds long distance if you don't see each other very often.

• Oh I see, but we literally just met a few weeks ago and are meeting this weekend. I thought long distance was literally distance no?

• i agree with @John_Doesnt long distance relationship just means that you dont see each other very often, most of the time it is because people live far away.

• @jaketsu and @John_Doesnt I see, so I guess I'll just see where it goes /how often we get to see eac other etc cause then it'll be determined. We met right before the holidays so we were pretty busy but we discussed seeing each other every weekend and more when time permits. We'll see, thanks to both of you.

• That's not long distance, that's just being a tad inconvenient, come talk to me when it's in another state or country it's a whole other ballgame then.

• for me a LDR is when you live too far away to see each other regularly and you have longer periods in between each time you see each other. for some people that can be 2 hrs, for others much more

• Anything over a half hour away is inconvenient. An hour is long distance. Whenever the distance factors into whether you are going to visit or do something closer, it's long distance.

• It's not ldr if you can drive in your car and go to their place.

What Girls Said 3

• LOL! That is not LDR. I think living in a different state or country is LDR.

• Long distance is LONG DISTANCE!

• Thats medium distance romance :P I'd say the other side of the country or a different country is long distance