Does age matter?

in dating i mean

Most Helpful Guy

• That really depends on the age gap. Anywhere between 2-5 years is perfectly fine, between 5-10, I would say the say gap is getting wider, but beyond 10 years the gap is too much and it's not suggested. Hence yes, age difference does matter.

Coming to age, yes age of the two people involved also matters, because there is a difference when a person is teenager, say only 14-15 years of age and when the person is around 24-25 years of age, why I am saying this is because when a person is in his 20's he/she will be much more mature and will have a much clear thought process, understanding of life and so on, to add to this the person would have completed their education and would be making money so in that way they will be financially independent to take care of themselves. Hence they can then concentrate on dating, having relationships, marriage and so on.

However the same thing doesn't happen while they are in their teenage years, hence age also matters in dating.

This is my view.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it matters.

What Guys Said 11

• Yes and no. It comes down to other factors such as maturity and where you are in life, among other things. When you're younger, people will have an issue with age gaps but as you get older, it doesn't really matter.

I may get some flack for this but I am 26 and the girl I'm seeing is 19. Yes, to many, this would raise a red flag. Usually, people those ages would be in different places in their lives at that age, which we are, but maturity wise, she's significantly more mature than most girls her age and is quite smart. She also doesn't have that party mentality that a lot of girls seem to have. We have a lot of similar goals in life as well as a similar upbringing and past so it works out very well.

• Sure it does, you want to be with someone that can relate to you. To old and you most likely have nothing in common and are at totally different stages in life.

It can also be really awkward for friends and family.

I would say when you are young a two to three year gap is okay, once you are 30 maybe 3 years or 6 at the most, and over 40 maybe 35 and up?

Those are just estimates and I am not trying to offend anyone. When it comes down to it... the maturity of the people has to match and of course the attraction has to be there.

• depends on age gap. Someone will post some ridiculous mathematical formula on what is the appropriate age difference. But in my opinion the closer the age the better. You two will usually be exposed to the same things, have similar ideologies, and have gone through similar life experiences (because you grew up in the same time). The short answer is yes and no.

• It matters to me because I couldn't picture myself dating below the age of 22 and even then 22 is a push because a lot of women that age aren't mature enough for me. I'd date older but some of these women have children, have been divorced and carry too much baggage. I'd prefer someone around the 24-28 range.

• No, age does not matter, but age difference matter.

• Yeah of course. I haven't known many couples with big age gaps that lasted very long, especially in younger (< 30) couples. Ideology, life situation, emotional developement is all different in big age gaps.

• Eh more like where a person is in their life. If one person is a responsible independent adult and the other isn't the age won't matter

• Yes, it does in many ways.

• If you're legal then you're OK, but age 40 is my limit..>>>!!! gold miner alert!!!<<<

• Not to me at all... though yes women below 18 is a complete no no...

• Your age relative to theirs? Of course it does. Sometimes its even a bonus.

What Girls Said 3

• If it's not illegal, it doesn't really matter that much. I've always said this: all age means is how many times you've been around the sun.

• For me it does. I kind of want them to be close to my age preferably within 3 years in either direction.

• If you had ask me this question a few years ago I would say yes, it does matter.
    But now the only thing I can say is that it all comes down to the couple and their maturity levels.
    That being said, sometimes it matters, other times it doesn't.