Online dating lead to Facebook friends... now what?

I recently started online dating again. I was on the fence about it because I have tried another website in the past and it was a waste of time. This time I actually did meet a guy who has a lot of similar interests. We texted back and forth but both our messages were pretty short. I got the feeling that he didn't like to text very much.

Eventually, I suggested we talk through text/phone because the website emails were so much slower. He agreed and suggested FB or Skype. So I sent him my FB page link and we became friends. After that, he liked some of my photos and commented on a post or two of mine, but he has not messaged me privately.

Recently, I messaged him and brought up a previous conversation about TV shows and asked him if he knew if the ones he recommended I try were on Netflix. I got very brief but polite answers and he did respond to me quickly. Since then, there's been nothing.

I am not sure if he's just not a conversation starter or if he already has lost interest. Is there any way to revive this conversation or have I already been banned to the friend zone?

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah he sounds not that interested at all. First warning for that is you suggest exchanging phone numbers to get off the site and he instead... asks for your facebook

What Girls Said 1

• You should just initiate more contact and if he still doesn't seem engaged in the conversation you can leave it.