Should I stop contacting him?

I met him at the train station last month

We exchanged numbers. I do not know him that well so I called him some days later asking him if he wants to hang out

He said yes, the thing is I don't think he is super handsome, he is not ugly but I tried to be more realistic about dating within my league. And he is shorter than guys I usually go with and he is nerdy

I texted him today telling him that I want us to hang out but I'm unemployed and broke and I texted we can hang out when I get money

He is a college student so I'm sure he understands

I called him today and the phone kept ringing. He does not have voicemail set up. A part of me is disappointed but another part of me is excited because I feel this gives me an opportunity to find a more attractive guy

first of all i use to date short and nerdy guys
there is nothing shallow about dating a guy because i find him attractive
i obviously find the guy attractive since i gave him my number. i use to pursue guys who were real hot and now im just more realistic thats all

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no harm in trying, right? So, why not?

And you don't necessarily need a significant amount of dough to hangout with him. There are a variety of inexpensive activities that you could choose if you are serious about seeing him.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you should wait for him to contact you

What Guys Said 4

• You're shallow, leave him alone if you don't want him because somebody else probably well

• im not shallow lmao, how can i leave him alone when i never bothered him in the first place. I don't even know the guy well, and i don't even know if he likes me romantically.

And its spelled "will" not well

• If you are not attracted to him, then don't date him.

• I never said I was not attracted to him I just said he is usually not the type of guy I go for

• I have said it before and I will say it again. Women are the shallow sex.

• that is a ignorant generalization

• I mean you seem pretty shallow to me so you'd just be doing him a favor

• how am i doing him a favor when we never hung out in the first place
      im not shallow at all, just because i like attractive men does not make me shallow, for the last time i have dated short guys before. So just because i don't date guys who i am not attracted to im shallow? lmao ok

• I don't have a problem with someone trying to date up but don't act like dating someone on your level is such a disappointing outcome.

• ok then

What Girls Said 2

• Pretty shallow of you to "be excited" because it gives you an opportunity to find a "more attractive guy".

You already pointed out the obvious things that you don't like about this guy, even if he isn't usually your type. The fact that he's short and nerdy. Although you're "dating within your league", you still would rather have a much more attractive guy.

You'd just be wasting your time and his. So yes, stop contacting him.

• first of all, im not shallow, liking attractive men is not shallow. Second of all if i did not find him attractive then i would have never given him my phone number in the first place. he is short but i have dated short guys before and my ex was nerdy. I do not see how I am wasting my time because he is out of town.

• i posted a question about it because i obviously want advice, but its stupid to be upset about something that i can not control, if you actually read all of my details then you would know that i am unemployed and broke and i told him that. I also told him that i want to hang out with him still, if you actually read my details it would be obvious why i asked the question

• yes i have enough experience with guys to know when a guy is not interested, I never assumed he was interested or not interested, if you knew that then how come you did not just put that in your opinion?

• Lol wtf if ur not attracted to him then dont call him. You are wasting your time and his. If he didn't answer maybe he doesn't want to make plans with someone who he met at a train station. You seem a bit shallow for trying to date someone in your "league".

• I'm not shallow at all actually so you don't know what you are talking about.

• You must be upset because you still reply lmao. This is my question, I can do whatever I want sir :)

• Obviously, you have issues, and your pathetic attempts to insult me are not working lol. Its cute though that you care enough to reply. Im done with you, you are a nobody, so what you say is irrelevant. stay off my post and stop being rude. Now i see why guys do not like you