As a finacialy well off person would u date someone that made medium wage?

It seems to me that while women are earning more and more they still look for a man to get the check isn't that counter the whole independent ladies movement?

Most Helpful Girl

• I say it shouldn't matter though there are some men that can't handle not being that person. I have dated before and paid for meals, but no one knew sometimes because I would make sure my date is okay with that situation and give him the money to pay beforehand so that if it tweaks his ego or pride then at least it won't show in public. To some people this matters. To others it doesn't. Old school say men are the breadwinner and they should take care of the woman. If a woman feel like you can't feed her then she may feel like you can't do much else which sometimes interpret to you not being "man" enough for her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a pretty damn good salary. I am not choosy about how much a girl makes when I date her, truly as long as she is ambitious and happy about her career choice, doesn't matter.

And if her career isn't stripping or something sordid ofc lol

• talk to me after u lost the house, car dog and half ur shit to the burger king girl... lol oh i said date im the fool that got married lol

• Yea, damn, that sucks.

• Wats wrong with stripping I use to.. So I guess I'm sorrid... Smh

What Girls Said 3

• I made 77.8 percent of our gross income for 2015, because, frankly, I'm just better at making money than he is.

Does this affect the dynamics of our relationship?
    Fuck no.

Is he still, as he has always been, the only man on planet earth who earns, and deserves, my submission?
    Fuck yes.

If the lines in your relationship are drawn with dollar signs, you're doing it wrong. Life. You're doing life wrong.

• Well I'm glad to hear that but I didn't make the rules and just cause ur the exception stop talking like women like u r the norm in fact so far allnthe women like u so far r taken what u could do is read the description and give me some insight I make more money in my sleep than some do in a week

• I'm independent and I want my man to be as well. It's not that I look for someone to pay my bills but I still want a man who's lifestyle matches mine. I have dated guys who didn't make much money and they either got insecure and let it affect how they treated me, got jealous that their finances didn't match mine, or thought that because I make good money that I should take care of them and give them money when they ask. Relationships just don't work when the woman makes significantly more money and the guy is minimum wage. I can't respect a guy who is going to turn around and ask me for $10 for gas money, and that tends to be the case when you date adult men who make minimum wage. I have friends who will date men who make minimum wage, but they tend to end up being their sugar mamas. So those are the reasons why I just can't do it. We can be friends but that's it nothing more

• I hear u and my real question is what if men said the exact same thing women that make minimum expect u to buy their hair and nails and clothes and bills and for all the reason u just stated I don't date women that make less than me I'm not asking a woman for anything if we find ourselfs in difficulty we could loan each other with no interest. Gifts are ok but they should be gifts Not prerequisites for us dating as far as insecure or jeleousy I don't get that but woman tend to be disrespectful when they make more money They tend to forget I don't work for u I work with u and we are still epuals

• If men said the same thing then they shouldn't date women who make minimum either. It wouldn't bother me or really even apply to me

• I'm not well off, as i work at a nonprofit... But I see this as one of the best parts of women having jobs. You can date and marry who you love and are attracted to instead of having to give up on those things for financial security.

• Most men do marry for love and don't care what she makes or makes nothing at all but for women it's a prerequisite like if u ask a woman what her dream guy is like 9 out of 10 Will say he has to have a good job if I could find someone who says I don't care what he makes its about how he makes me feel I Would marry her secure in the fact that its not my money she love but that's rear very rear

• I think a lot of women don't trust the feelings of love, so go for something that seems more reliable instead.

What Guys Said 8

• I look for someone intellectually compatible. It usually comes with a wage competitive to mine. More a lot of the time.

• Those types want a free ride even though they got their own money they are simply greedy

• How shallow! Money is not everything nor will money make you happy.

• i agree but tell that to the women who commented oh wait... none did, why? because at the end of the day they won't and they know how shallow it is

• Sure I don't care 😋😋

• Guys: "it does't matter."
    Girls: "it doesn't matter."

One is lying, which one?

• No rich woman will date a man making that little money

• I don't care, rich pussy, poor pussy, all the same really.

• Lets just put it this way. Women usually want you to be in their range or above their range when it comes to your profession, salary etc.

Men usually don't give a rats ass. A few men feel emasculated when a woman makes more - although I never actually met one of these mysterious men - .

So yeah. It is a bit counter but hey, dating and relationships have always been a female dominated arena. Not much to do about that.