Girls, why do you tell a guy you're really young?

I remember talking to a girl at the mall and I told her she was cute and was asking about her and she tells me she's really young and she's a freshmen in college. I'm 26 so i'm assuming she was indicating I was too old for her? I guess that put her at about 19 which I guess is a bit young, though still of legal age. She didn't say this right off the bat though. Personally i'd rather she would be around 22 or so

Yeah. Well it's hard to tell how old they are sometimes. I'm not really that old and I'm pretty sure I could pass for 18 still.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah she was trying to indicate she's too young for you. Or she thinks you're too old for her

Most Helpful Guy

• lmao you randy old goat, go for girls your own age. aha

What Girls Said 3

• As a girl, if I mention how 'young' I am, it means i think you are way to old for me. Its a polite way to say 'move on old man, not interested.' Granted it is usually forty some year old guys hitting on a 21 year old, but I'm pretty sure this is the same method being used. I have no interest in guys with a big age difference, and only like to date within a close age range. Many other people are the same.

• I always say that to older guys I have no interest in trying to hit on me too.

• If I think our age gap is way too big, I usually bring up age. Or if I feel really young for some reason around the guy.

What Guys Said 0