Girls, why do you tell a guy you're really young?

I remember talking to a girl at the mall and I told her she was cute and was asking about her and she tells me she's really young and she's a freshmen in college. I'm 26 so i'm assuming she was indicating I was too old for her? I guess that put her at about 19 which I guess is a bit young, though still of legal age. She didn't say this right off the bat though. Personally i'd rather she would be around 22 or so

Updates:
Yeah. Well it's hard to tell how old they are sometimes. I'm not really that old and I'm pretty sure I could pass for 18 still.

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah she was trying to indicate she's too young for you. Or she thinks you're too old for her

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• lmao you randy old goat, go for girls your own age. aha

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• As a girl, if I mention how 'young' I am, it means i think you are way to old for me. Its a polite way to say 'move on old man, not interested.' Granted it is usually forty some year old guys hitting on a 21 year old, but I'm pretty sure this is the same method being used. I have no interest in guys with a big age difference, and only like to date within a close age range. Many other people are the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always say that to older guys I have no interest in trying to hit on me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I think our age gap is way too big, I usually bring up age. Or if I feel really young for some reason around the guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!