Does anyone else think online dating sucks (POF) and will never do it again?

Long time ago I used POF and the men turned our to be assholes. Sure they started off as nice but when I did not give them what they wanted they got pissed.

It's funny because I actually know people that have gotten into relationships from POF. Personally I do not recommend online dating to anybody

I would not even recommend online dating to my worse enemy

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is for those who are too lazy or shy to ask orally because there's less disappointment in rejection online since it's an open media system.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yikes, I actually had a bad experience with POF too. I would suggest trying a different online dating site, but if you don't want to try anymore there are still other ways to meet people to date.

• Lol no I just try to meet people in real life now
      I used online dating a long time ago

What Guys Said 9

• Yes to me it does because you do not really know who is at the other end.. lots of guys will make an account saying they are a women.. just to get other guys talking to them about sex.. there are far far to many gay guys on those sites.. I do not ever go to them.. and I never will.. I did try it only once and who did I meet up with.. some gay guy and was appalled when I found that out.. well I am not gay never have been and never will be.. if I want a date I go find one in the real world

• It's really 50/50 on online dating, I mean of course you'll find people that actually want to have a relationship but then you have some that just want to have sex. I wouldn't do it though

• No, it can work out very well. You just have to weed out the guys only looking for sex. I would imagine quite a few are only looking for that.

I've been meeting girls off the internet since I was 14, before there was anything like there is today. All you had back then was AOL chat lol.
    But I found ways haha.

And not all of them turned sexual. Some we just became friends. And only once did I do anything rude. And it was kinda my own fault. For whatever reason, I met the girl before getting a picture. She turned out to be a real creeper. Man that was a scary day. She like kept me in her house and... oh I won't get into it n/m lol.

• Oh my gosh that sounds so scary

• Online mostly works for women (not all like in your case) but most guys know unless they are good looking.

• online dating only works in larger cities. I live in a small town, and there aren't many women with a POF profile. Whatever you do, never live in a small town, it sucks as a single person. So I've never had any luck with online dating and I dont plan on trying it again

• match. com worked great for me. Eight great years since I met her.

• But you have to pay

• For us it was worth it. I never had any luck on free sites.

• whats so different you meet a girl you go out for a while then she turns on you when u can't give her what she wants welcome to dating you may not know if ur getting screwed by a man or a woman online but at least they won't know where u live..

• I never had any success with online dating.

• Same here, plus some guys look different from their profile picture in real life

• @ManuelMarquez not you again

• I've only had a handful of women over many years on these sites even respond to a message. Less than that I've met in person. None of which I was able to have sex with or even form a meaningful relationship with.

• I have a POF and a Tinder. Gotten laid a few times.

What Girls Said 1

• I did actually meet a guy on POF and about a month later of seeing each other and talking every day he decided he wasn't ready for a relationship. So I mean yeah you have potential to find someone with online dating but it's always hard to know their intentions. I personally found all my longest relationships came from when I'd been in school and college because you tend to know the guy/girl first as a friend and you aren't just jumping into it really.

• Also online they may look different from in person

• I've only met this one guy from there, I haven't met up with any others yet. It definitely sucks being mislead though that's for sure.

• The problem with the college thing is that not everyone gets into a relationship while in college and I'm currently not in college. I went to community college but I'm thinking of going to a university to get a bachelors degree