Why are people offended by the #wastehistime2016 hashtag?

Its a hashtag that is going viral but its only a joke.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's funny.

The things tweeted are supposed to be what guys have done to them. When you turn it the other way around it is when people pay attention (because they’re women and when women do anything wrong MOST people act like it’s the end of the world but when a man does it its “in his nature” or “a guy thing”, they give him some excuse for something inexcusable).

Some Guys are only offended because their fuckboy secrets got exposed lmao

What Guys Said 15

• Same reason if we hash-tagged #fuckthemthentossthem as a joke. Women would loose their minds and the Internet would melt in front of our eyes.

• I can understand why people get upset, i mean, many women have fought for womens rigths for over 100 years, and this seems to completely ignore the almost equality we've made. it's just a little disrespectful, i can understand it's a little funny, but mostly it's not (also British VS American Humor, this is probably an American joke and really i haven't heard much about it here, we're likely to take it more seriously)

• Because for all too many women it *isn't*. And that is sad. If you aren't interested, just say so and stop wasting our time...

• I just Googled it and I'll be honest, you might think it's just a joke and you'll never do it but, I'm sure some other girl will take it seriously and do it or even actually do it to a guy as a "joke".

• since you googled it, and im lazy
      what is it? never heard of it or seen it lol

• the thing is, a lot of women when we get angry, we get defensive too so thats why sometimes women take it out on others not necessarily the one who hurt her (usually she can't reach him anyway lol)

so yea...

but yea i saw a buzzfeed link and a lot of comments said this was originally things that were done to these women and the hashtag was a turning the tables kind of thing
      and the women were saying , that people dont usually care when its done to women, but now there is a joke about women doing it to men, men are offended (thats what i got from what i read at least) which actually makes sense

I don't know...*sigh* ... gender wars lol

• @Red7336 Everyone is like this, man and woman. It takes great mental strength to reason with these types of emotions. But as I said, not necessarily they have to do it to the exact same person who hurt them but rather the same type of person that hurt them; another player, cheater... etc.

The issue with that is, it's a minority of people that care about the problems of others. Same way, guys usually don't care about girls' issues, girls also usually don't care about guys' issues. As you said it, it's gender wars. Men offended women, women retaliate by offending men who retaliate by offending women who end up making some joke about men that replied with a similar joke #WasteHerTime2016 and so on... it never ends.

• I just Google'd it

One I saw was-
    "Finally let him pick you up for a date, then have him drop you off at your other man's house"

Lol, some other good ones too. I think it's pretty funny, just another little trendy thing

• Lol I saw that one too

• It reveals what women fantasize about. Anyone who finds this funny and by the looks of it it's most women, cannot be trusted.

Pretty funny, huh?

• because everyone is offended way to easily anymore

• Cos for some people it's happened to them and they are sad about it. If #LeakedNudes was trending and it was jokes about people leaking girls nudes then people would be pissed, it's the same kinda situation.

• That is hilarious I can laugh all the way to the bay haha.

• I think men are pretty pissed off that women act like they get their time wasted by dating, when for so many people, dating seems to consist of men driving women around buying them shit.

• Because girls actually do this shit.

• Some people don't get that it's a joke.

Some people actually are being serious about doing it...

• They probably shouldn't have done this the month before Valentines day as well.

• Not really much of joke just seems childish. I mean the inverse of this for women would get out of hand fast and just be in bad taste. You know, maybe some funny aborting "our kid" jabs or maybe tricking someone into raising someone elses' one nightstand for a decade... etc. Granted they wouldn't translate quite right.

Just seems it's missed the point of "how would guys like it if the tables were turned". The biggest problem i see to this "joke" is most of these jabs are so vague. They easily apply to both men and women, it's just confusing.

• Haven't heard about it. I don't understand the whole hashtag fad. I suppose it is because it sounds like it encourages women to mistreat men. How would women respond to something such as "trick her in to thinking you will marry her" was going viral? It sounds like it is basically the same thing.

• There is also the #wastehertime2016... its no big deal

• It would be enough for me to roll my eyes at, but not get really upset over.

• Oh okay

• What's it mean? I've never heard of it.

• Its a joke about wasting a girl/guy's time because you're not interested in having a relationship.

• Yeah I don't even do that shit anymore. If you're struggling dating better off just keeping to real life. It's actually easier.

• I agree

What Girls Said 8

• I don't know. But there's a #wastehertime hashtag and some of the stuff on there has happened to me but it's still funny and a joke.

Guys like to complain how we don't have a sense of humor, especially when kitchen jokes or other jokes like how they hide sidechicks or others made at our expense are being thrown. But the minute there's jokes at their expense, they freak out and can't laugh at them. Irony.

• I don't honestly get what it means.

I'm assuming it's some dumb trend like normal. That involves women being cunts to men. So any chick that takes the # seriously is a fucken cunt who needs to be alone for the rest of her miserable bitchy life.

• Because they hate not begin mention or whatever!

• Guys don't like jokes made at their expense.

• Guys are only made because some of them are true lol.

• Its just mean spirited and I'm sure girls are actually doing it to be funny

• i looked at some posts with that hashtag... didn't make me laugh.

• meh, they came up with a lot of hurtful things to us too... now its not funny?