Love a bunch of BS?

Well coming from my point of view love is BS. I only believe in family love because family is family so that love starts the minute you're born. As for friends I mean depends maybe a couple of people and as for dating nah. In today's world of dating love is a bullshit with the world full of unrealistic imaginations of their ideal partner as well as constant trust issues as well as cheating. I did believe love used to exsist as in genuine love like during my grandparents era. Since then it's gone downhill and Noone even knows the definition of the word. This is talking from a dating perspective

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm,,, well I kinda agree. I still believe that you can fall in love and date the same person.

I think the difference between 'now' and 'then' was that now we have a lot more freedom in who we date, how, what we do, who can work or own a house or a car, etc. This also creates some confusion as not everyone is on the same page, a lot more people can express their individuality in a lot more ways.
    In British/European history for instance there has been a much more rigid structure for who dates who and how and why, not to mention gender roles were more strongly enforced then.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly the idea of "romantic love", "perfect loving couple", and "soulmates" has been sold to us in many forms (television been the number one seller). The truth is that love is a chemical trick done by our brains. When you hear someone say "I saw him and my heart was going crazy" is really the brain sending a signal to the body that there is a potential mate for reproduction. We have learned to relate feelings like butterflies in your belly, sweaty hands, sudden shyness as the result of attraction/ feelings for another person. But we rarely consider that our brain is only tricking us, and that those are not feelings of love but a signal of a potential reproductive mate. That's why I have a hard time believing the "Romeo" actors in many tv shows/movies since men in real life will never act and "love" that way...

Anyway, I do believe in appreciation for the family and friends. The time and dedication that is shared with them creates bonds of appreciation.

What Guys Said 9

• Even in your grandparent's era, when it was expected for them to be married (thus defeating the notion that marriage was a desire of the heart), love by your standards wouldn't have existed.

• My grandparents have been married for 43 years and are still going strong. The bond they have is very strong

• Well good for them, but many people back then were actually expected to be married. It was expected for the guy to go out and work and it was expected for the woman to take care of the house. In short, it was expected to settle down. Nowadays people can actually get to know multiple people before deciding to do that with the right one. The process isn't forced. It may only come off as an world that lacks love since people go from one to another, but in reality, it's actually better. No one's forced to be stuck with anyone.

• People have an awful habit of looking back on the past with rose tinted specs. The good old days were not a perfect picture and most people married and stayed with their Husbands and Wives because (although legal) divorce was frowned upon. Adultery is not a 21st century phenomenon, it has always existed and casual sex didn't just come back with the creation of the Rolling Stones or even Tinder. People have had casual sexual encounters since man and woman roamed the earth.

Love is real but the truth is it takes many years to develop. People seem to think they need to feel love within the first six months to a year of being together and if someone doesn't say it first then alarm bells start ringing and panic sets in.

People should just enjoy each day as it comes and appreciate the man or woman in their life and see what happens. It doesn't all have to be tears and heartbreak.

• "Love a bunch of BS?"

Nope. Romantic love is conditional, unlike the others.

"I did believe love used to exsist as in genuine love like during my grandparents era. "

Nope. Always been the same.

• Love is the result of a complex varieties of neuro-bio-chemical reactions and it's effects are highly dependant on the dialectics between those reactions and the environment that constantly affect them. So it's not BS, it's something very real and proven.

• YES! Finally someone gets it. Love is just code for 'I'm rationalizing my choice to sleep with only one woman forever by blaming it on chemicals in my brain',

• well ur right love is real but no one knows what to do with it so love isn't bs its the bs that society places on relationships and the lost of good old fashion values for the sake of whats trending that has made us unable to love

• I've been such a pessimist about love so far, I don't think it's worth it

• This is love is so precious. It's really hard to find.

• True. People today date for looks, money and social status. Love doesn't exist in todays dating world because everyone is superficial as hell and media who tell us on the correct way to love (hollywood) is from the same place where divorce is at an all time HIGH.

What Girls Said 2

• Family love isn't absolute either.

The number of abused children across the globe refute your naive assumption.

The families that disown or even murder their children for being gay refutes that assumption.

Countless relatives that only give a shit when they find out you're rich refute that assumption.

All people, whether bound by blood or not, are capable of being shitbags and it's up to you to determine who is worth loving.

• It's all drama or sitcom. Everything is lies. We only care about ourselves and we all are extremely selfish but then the one who act more always blame the other who act less. It's all bs. All men are bottom bitch manwhore u don't even wanna know how much they are bs