Is it normal for guys to check girls out when u r on a date?

Like, catching a glance for about 2-3 times of the same person

• yes
  • no
Let's place urself in this scenario: U went out with an ex, just for a meal. Will u still check guys/girls out?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal to check people out. I check out people in general. I don't do it to be rude, but naturally my eyes will wander. I won't gawk at a person. In your scenario, I think it may give a little more leeway since you are his ex so it's not like he's on a date with you, but given that he is still out with you, he shouldn't be gawking as that is rude to do with anyone. Your attention should be spent on the person you are with, not everyone else in the room.

What Guys Said 19

• i never did. i just kept talking and giving attention to my date.

can't speak for all guys

• Refer to the update I just posted above and tell me ur POV :D

• Men are visual creatures and we are easily distracted but. . . I would consider it disrespectful to be checking out another girl while I am on a date with you.

• First, I would not be going out for a meal with an ex. We broke up because our relationship did not work, so I am not trying to get back together with her. If we are not trying to reconcile, why would I want to see an ex? Almost always, when a couple continues to see each other after a break up, one of them has hopes of reconciling the relationship. If that is not going to happen, continuing to see each other gives her false hopes and makes it more difficult for her to let go and move on with her life.

If I did see an ex and it was just as friends, I might check out another girl just to give my ex a signal that I was not interested in getting back together and I am looking at other women. She might think that is cruel but it is not as cruel as leading her on and giving her false hopes.

• It's a date! I think it's at least completely inappropriate.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

It's pretty normal. Maybe people don't feel they shouldn't be checking other women because they don't feel tied down by merely dating.

• Nope. When I'm on a date, my partner has my complete and undivided attention. At least that's what I do.

• pretty normal, but pretty rude if you ask me.

• It is normal to an extent. If the person who you are on the date is constantly looking/starring at another female, just get up and walk away, clearly that guy is not here for you, he is simply not there for the love either.

• Well of course he would check you out lol, if he is checking other girls then I don't know what to say. We all look once in a while. If he is your ex then if he checks out other girls then maybe he is over it you know

• I give her my attention, but I'll admit that sometimes I might take a couple of quick glances. Nothing wrong with that, but outright staring is just wrong

• Oh you meant checking out other girls. No, I wouldn't do that

• we have eyes, so we may implicitly look, but obvious gawking is disrespectful

• Is it likely this will happen, quite likely

Should it happen so often and so blatantly, not if he has any respect for you.

I makes an effort never too, even when my girlfriend isn't around and when I do it's only cos I wish my girl was with me

• With an ex? Yes I would check out other girls.

• It's hard wired into our brains as long as a guy doesn't stare and take his attention off of you then know your better than the rest ;)

• No but I will be honest when saying that I check out the features on my date.

• I don't understand why an ex is tripping

• Only if it's a blind date and they lost interest already.

• No dont, unless you wanna be explainin

• Most guys still glance quick if it's a hot girl but try not to make it obvious when they are with their date, anymore than that is rude to the girl they are with

• Yeah I might since its someone I've been with before and know well , I could get easily distracted since I'm comfortable around them and don't have to focus so much on them all the time. There is also another scenario since its your ex and it's not definite about getting back he could also be looking around for other opportunities since he is still single and used to doing that normally

• It don't matter when or what is happening, we will check out attractive females.
    Even in a natural disaster situation, a hot girl will still get out attention.

• "Even in a natural disaster situation" Hahahahah

• @Carliexo7 Yup.
      Let's say a tornado hit and a girl who was sleeping got trapped under a beam of some kind, it would be hard not to look at her sexual parts and think of sex when trying to get her free. I mean I wouldn't actually do anything because I am not a psychopathic creep, but the sexual thoughts would go through your mind.

What Girls Said 6

• It's normal but if you're on a date with someone you should try not to because you might give the idea you're not really interested in your date.

• Well. I glance at beautiful people all the time. Even if they're my friends, even if they're my enemies. I admire their beauty and that's all. It doesn't necessarily means that I am attracted to them

• I hope not. I would just leave.

• We're human, we are made to be attracted to the opposite sex. However, I would be offended if it was a blatant "check out" and completely dis you while on the date. He should be tactful with his "check out." I know I've done it on dates, but I'm not rude or blunt about it.

• I'd probably be really focused on my date, and would hope the same of my date. I get that sometimes you can't help where your eyes go, but at least hide it really well if you do.

• I mean yes it is normal but if they really like the girll they are on the date with, they should not do that.