Would you date someone who has the same name as your parent?

• Yes
  • No
I personally wouldn't since I'd associate their name during naughty thoughts and flop

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated three guys who has the same name as my relatives...

I voted no, and here's why;

Those three relatives are my granddad (who died when I was 3 so I don't remember him well), my uncle (who died before I was born) and another uncle (who died when I was 1).

I wouldn't date someone who had the same name as the relatives I have in my family who I am actually close to and got to know. I would be really put off if I were having sex with someone who has my dad or brothers name... can't exactly say it without picturing them.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 31

• It seems weird to think about, but I don't call my parents by their names so it wouldn't really affect me too much. I don't like the idea of it, but it definitely wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• Yeah, cause I don't even really know my father, he's not a part of my life. But I doubt it'll ever happen, it's a typical Latvian name and I doubt I'll date anyone in Latvia.

• I adore my father and would name my kid after him but I would not date a guy with his name.

1. That's my dad's name.
    2. Ed is an older generation's name and I doubt I'd find an Ed to date lol

• Well I don't call my parents by there name so it's not as weird

• I dont care for my dad but I've been into a lot of guys named Charles haha. Like 3 or 4 Charles so far

• Sure i would, but thats soooo rare so no chance lol.

• Sure. My dad's name is Steve. I don't mind that name and it's common enough that I wouldn't only associate it with my dad.

• I don't call my parents by their first names, their names to me are kind of "mom and dad". Yeah, there would be a slight association, but it's not a big deal.

• Yeah sure why not!

• I don't think it would matter to me, except i said no because they're are certain names that I have exceptions to, Steve for example. I won't date a steve. My father's name is steve so no. But Say they had my moms name or something? I wouldn't care. I feel like names have a effect on the child and who they grow into. I just won't involve myself with certain people because of their names. Steve, George, Brook. Are some of the names I'm just so untrusting of.

• My daddy is pretty much the greatest man on earth, so that couldn't possibly be a negative.

• No I would not date a guy with the same name as my father, grandfather, and oldest brother -_-

• "and"? Do they all have the same name?

• But saying "and" means they have the same name, saying "or" would mean they have different names.

• @RedAmulet

Yes and they do have the same first name. That's why the QA asked the question and that's why I said and instead of or. Because or is comparing while and is including. So what if one is the first, second and third they still have sane first name. When George Bush (most recent president) was president people didn't say George Bush the second or Jr. we just called him by his name.

I said and because it applies to all of them not just one of them out of the options i gave you. It's all of the above.

• My dad has a rather common name, so I would.

• LOL nope...

• Yes, if I really liked them, but even I have to admit, I've never liked the name Larry. Plus it would be doubly weird since that's my younger brother's name as well.

• A name should not keep you from being with the right one..

• Yes, i have dated a guy with the same name and spelling as my dad's name. It didn't bother me because I don't think of my dad by his name, to me he's Dad.

• Uhhhh yeah, considering there are probably thousands of people with those names, it would limit a lot of options for me and therefore be quite stupid of me to say no lol 😜

• I don't know if I could. I would have to call him something else

• Sure. No problem.

• Yeah but it would be weird. Also weird if he spelled it the same way

• my parents have super uncommon names lol so the chances are low, but sure I would

• no that would be weird

• Ahh noo :D

• Why not...

• I once dated a guy name Joseph and my dad's name is Jose which is Joseph in Spanish.

• It would be funny but yes. I wouldn't take chances of missing a great relationship because of a name.

• Yeah.
    My boyfriend has the same name as my brother.

• Nope it could be kinda awkward things might go this way...

Me: Ryan I have something special for u... ;)
    Dad: Yeah hunny what is it?
    Me: Oh dad i wasn't talking to u, it was the other Ryan

• My boyfriend & his father have the same name as my boyfriend is VI & his father is a V 😊

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 13

• so weird i dated a girl once with the same name as my mom and the same birthday. it was kinda weird at first but i got over it.

• I wouldn't care lol, Although my mom's name is a french name and I haven't met many french women.

• I don't see why not?

• It's just a name

• It would be extremely odd by virtue of just how unlikely it would be, but I suppose I could get over it.

• My mom has an uncommon name but even if I did find someone I liked with her name I'm confident I would find a nickname to use or just use her middle name.

• No, it would feel too weird, I'm not dating a Henry.

• Nooooooooo

• lol is that a weird thing?

• Yeah, Why not!

• My friend married a girl who shared his mom's name

• Probably not cause my mom and sister have the same name.

It would bother me.

• Yeh! that would be actually funny.