What does my ex want from me?

My ex boyfriend has been acting strange lately. He texts me like all the time, calls me pet names, sends a lot of emojis and selfies. Compliments me and so on. Now he wants me to go out for a drink with him. I was really confused so I asked him why all of a sudden he started doing all this (we haven't seen/talked to each other in a month). His answer was "I don't know. I just do. No reason" and repeated that he would really like us to go out. Why does he do that? What does he want?

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to see where it will lead you to in terms of a relationship weather you both want to be together again.

What Girls Said 2

• Seems pretty damn obvious to me. Dude wants to get back together with you.

• Then why is he all "I don't know", "I just do" etc. when I ask him why he texts me and stuff... He hasn't said anything about missing me or wanting me back

• Gosh, of course he's not gonna be straight-forward. He doesn't wanna scare you away.

• From my experience my ex wanted to talk on the phone for long periods of time and text etc. He wanted to chill with me and go places. Alll for sex. He told me that that was all he wanted and once I stated that I would never again with him, he constantly askdx for it. I blocked him and that was the end of it. From him saying he doesn't know and he just do etc, he probably only wants sex.