Who do you Blame for Cheating?

So, if you catch your best friend and girlfriend together, who do you blame for the cheating?

There may be more involvement than I'm just laying out there, but, first thought- Who's to blame for this inconvenient situation.

• Your Best Friend
  • Your Girlfriend
  • Both of them
  • Yourself
  • Nobody

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd blame both of them. But if I was to forgive and give another chance to anyone, it would be my best friend. You could probably forgive your girlfriend in time, but if she cheated on you, you deserve better than that in a gf, and she shouldn't be given another chance to do it again to you. A friend however, (of course you deserve better from the to) but if it was me and they showed that they were sorry, id forgive them, because they're your bff for a reason, they're gonna b there for you always. I'd reassess how much they really respect the friendship and if I can trust them again, but the thing is, if they were going to do that to you again, I think it would be easier for me to let them go out of my life than a girlfriend who has betrayed me again. (I'd be angry at myself for letting someone hurt me like that again). I don't think you should blame yourself for this, no matter if there are problems, no one should ever do that to someone they care about (or ever) your girlfriend should of confronted you about her feelings. But if you let it happen again by giving her another chance, id blame myself for that, not because she cheated but because I let my self get hurt again. However you really are the judge of these things, trust your instincts.

What Girls Said 12

• Well they are both responsible for hurting you. He isn't some stranger she fucked.

Where is the loyalty. You will never trust either of them again.

I suggest you tell them both what a disappointment they are and to get the hell out of your life. Man you don't need toxic people like that.

There are millions of single woman and I am sure you have other friends and your young. You will have friends later in life that you don't even know exsist as of yet.

Kick em both to the curb!

You tell yourself you deserve better and you do!

I don't believe in second chances for cheater's. If you give in it is just your way of saying it's ok kick me in the teeth when I am down.!

If you where my brother I'd slap the bitch for hurting you and I kick your best friend in the balls.

• You really do need to stop holding back your feelings. =-) You're right across the board though. I tend to believe in a second chance, but it depends on whether the person can make a credible case for change. And when the problems pop up so early on, it doesn't inspire much confidence. Remind me not to get on your wrong side.

• I totally agree! Yeah - kick the bitch to the curb & slap your so-called best friend around! Then kick them both out of your life for good! You don't need so-called "friends" like that!

• First of all - yes, that SUCKS. and second of all, it's BOTH people's fault, just as it is in every cheating situation. It's especially rough because not only did your girlfriend betray you, so did your best friend, and of course you want to blame someone but it's worse because you care about both people and don't know what to do. that's a whole other question and answer - but as far as who to blame, both of them played a role.

*good luck*

link

• I would blame the three of you. In order for a girl to cheat on her boyfriend, he had to be doing something wrong, either lack of attention, bad sex, or she's a whore and just doing it for pleasure. Your best friend is supposed to know the rules of friendship, and hitting on your best friend's girlfriend \breaks the first rule. Also think about your relationship, did she want to get back at you? was she mad at you for some reason? if not think about the previous reasons I gave you.

• So if your boyfriend cheated on you, you'd say it's your fault because you must have done something wrong, for sure? That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. Unfortunately, some people have issues that will come up no matter who they are with.

• No I gave other reasons too, I said that one reason is that she might be a wh*re and might be just doing it for pleasure, and that would be the same w/my boyfriend. But I would definitely have to consider the way I'm carrying that relationship. MAYBE you could give some non-simplistic reasons for cheating.

• Maybe the girl should be mature and express what is wrong with the relationship before she goes looking for outside dick. He should not be blamed in this situation.

• You blame them both! Your BFF should have known better than to start fooling around with your girl because he's your friend and that's just not cool and your girlfriend because well for the simple fact that she's your girl friend and that she's with you in a relationship.

• Both of them, it takes to tango, you can't just blame one or the other becuz they were both equally involved in the cheating

• They're both to blame.

Both should've known better.

The best friend totally went against your trust,

And your girlfriend was unfaithful to you.

Unless he didn't know SHE was the girlfriend,

Then it'd be all on her.

But I doubt that.

• You blame your girlfriend because she is the one in the relationship with you or maybe you blame yourself. Ask questions and get answers from both sides. Ask when it started, stuff like that and make your decision on who to blame using the answers to the questions

• Relationships don't just consist between two people who are dating....we have relationships with our parents, kids and friends. His best friend is in a relationship with him.....and has probably been his best friend longer than the girlfriend has been his life.......they are both responsible for hurting him and they are both two very selfish people. They should both be held responsible for cheating.

• Truthfully, I'd blame both. Obviously your girlfriend knows you're together and I'd assume that your best friend would too, so there isn't any acceptable excuse.

• Kick both of their damn asses. both of them are guilty!

• It takes two to tango!

• Both of them. Your girl decided to cheat and your BFF decided to betray your friendship.

• Your girlfriend. don't lose a friend over a girl

What Guys Said 10

• This happened to me before and it is definitely both of them. Remember it takes two to tango, and they both violated your trust and both need to be treated as such. Though, when it happened to me, I didn't talk to the girl ever again and didn't talk to my friend for about 2 years. Now, I see him every once in a while and we are ok, but I still do not talk to her.

• Neither one is guiltless, but what's the point of blaming? Is that going to put things back like they were? Not very often. However, if she accepts responsibility (after all, it's really about you and her), and you want to keep her, I would say MAYBE give her one shot at it - but only one. Not all cheaters make it a habit. Whatever you do, DO NOT make any kind of arrangement where you are entitled to a fling to balance the score. It only makes matters worse.

• Rafael I can appreciate your willingness to forgive and he should. However, I don't think he should give them the chance to hurt him again.........and by losing his friendship maybe they will think twice about hurting someone else if they have to suffer the consequences of losing a good friend. No I don't believe in an eye for and eye, revenge never gets you anywhere.

• Evidently this girl does not love you if she cheats on you, and your boyfriend has no respect for you or else he wouldn't be messing with your woman! Have some respect for yourself, man & get rid of them out of your life!

• Your girlfriend, she is the one who presumably had a sexual exclusivity agreement with you. While the best friend might have agreed to no sleep with women you are sleeping with, this idea is usually implicit and never discussed. As such, it really isn't an agreement.

• I think you blame both to a certain extent, but I would blame my best friend more. In fact I'm pretty sure Id challenge him to fisticuffs. Maybe that's just maybe and I'm super old school there, but Id say its more unforgivable for you best friend to do this. Not to say that Id forgive the girl.

• i clicked your girlfriend,. but it should definitely be both of them. my bad

• Both of them. They both crossed the line multiple times when there were plenty of chances to stop and think about what they are doing - but they didn't.

• both of them. but you girl should never of been thinking of being with another person if she is with you

• who the hell would say nobody? it takes 2 people to cheat and its 2 people to blame

• I blame them both, it takes two to tango. Both of them are wrong and neither of them cared about the relationship you had with them.