My boyfriend has depression, don't know how to Act?

My boyfriend has seasonal depression. And this is our first-year away at college. So the combination of the too is making him very depressed. Because of this he nearly as affectionate as he used to be. I don't want to complain because I don't want to make it worse. But I feel so unwanted by him and I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I don't know what to do. Do I give him space? Act as loving as I always have? Act the way he acts towards me? I have been as loving as always because that a how I naturallyaxt towards him. But it hurts when I put in effort and show him I love him all the time and I don't get it back in return.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• When someone is lost in their own thoughts it's so hard to see what's infront of you. Maybe you should have a heart to heart with him. Open up, tell him what you're feeling, explain that you feel unwanted and lonely. Hopefully that will snap him out of it, enough not to damage the relationship. Or maybe talk to him about his depression?

• I've told him and he said he needs to focus on his own happiness right now so he's sorry if he's a shitty boyfriend.

• Oh wow. Well that's tough, and unfair to you. You're someone who has wants and needs. Maybe spend sometime away from him and give him space. He needs to regain some clarity.