Would I be missing out?

I been in a serious relationship with my boyfriend for 6 months. I'm 22 a late boomer. He is my first boyfriend. I had all my firsts with him. First kiss, relationship, sex, and love. I'm def in love with him and he is with me. He has been hinting, well not really hinting. He literally told me he will pop the question sometime late this year. What I am wondering is that since I never been with anyone else would I be missing out? He is very honest with me and told me there were 14 other girls before me. I don't mind it because it is the past. Im 100% against cheating and divorce. If I marry him it'll be for the rest of my life. So I would just like to hear your thoughts. Thanks everyone :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If he shows you love and honesty I really don't see where you would be missing anything. These are qualities and values most now a day don't have

• I have been married now for 18 years. I wasn't 100% sure I was making the right decision at the time but I had faith that she was the one for me and we have our share of problems just as any couple does , but we work through them together. When team work isn't implemented it will all fall apart

• Thank you too! You helped me a lot. What you said is what I needed to hear.

• I am very pleased that it has helped you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, you don't need to have more than one. If you're lucky enough to have your first as your last then my hat is off to you. You're happy with him and it sounds like the two of you love each other very much so I would say it's perfectly fine if you want to share the rest of your lives together!

What Guys Said 2

• This is something that I worry about myself.

If I finally find someone, am I gonna want to marry them without knowing any other person? Will I miss out on what others have already experienced because they went through so many people at the "usual" time?

Will I still be able to enjoy myself while I'm young?

It's a scary thing.

I don't know what to tell you other than to be sure of what you want. Only you will know that. And if you're ready for something so grand as that, then perfect. Just know you always have options. Just know you have time. Not decide yes or no, but to see how things go 'cause you never know.

Enjoy the ride and live it. You'll probably know what you want in time.

• You summed up my thoughts exactly. I know it sounds selfish but I do wonder a little because what I'll decide is permeant. Marriage is forever in my eyes. I always hoped I'll be so lucky to find someone I love and that he would love me in return. I just didn't know I would find him in the very 1st person I dated.
      I always been a late to dating. Never thought I was ready. Been hyper focused on school and college and I'm going for a masters so I'm still not done yet. Last year I told myself I have to date or else I'll be missing out during my youth. I'm so glad I did because I found an amazing person. Guess what I'm trying to say is that it's moving so fast. He has his mind set that he is marrying me. While I love him so much I'm not sure if I'm ready.

• This is gonna scare me so much when I'm in my first relationship. But, it'll be love. Something I really want.

"Missing out on youth", it sure feels like it sometimes. Seeing how everyone was fortunate enough experience several partners. And then there's you, lucky enough to have found someone who wants you. And on you're somewhat first try.

Theres's something about this that really scares me. Like, "There's no way this could have been so simple." It's weird and confusing.

But anyway, this is something to be happy about. I'm happy for you and nervous for you, too.

I guess, just enjoy it. See where things go. I can't put it any other way. I also hope that when I come to this, I'll be able to get through it smoothly.

Have fun.

• There are some people who are just born to be with one person the rest of their lives, but, others, like my parents went through different people. That's called dating

What Girls Said 2

• No. You wouldn't be missing out. Because honestly the real reason people date so many people is to try and find the one. It seems like you have. It's like you have everything you need/want in him and you're happy. So congrats! :D

• I'm 21 and recently married my husband a few weeks ago, he's 31 and we have a daughter together who's nearly 2. If you have thoughts like this running through your head already then maybe it's not the right time for u to get married. I know il never marry again if this marriage fails, which I know it won't as we're super happy and great together. When you know it's right you just know :)