Is 5'7 short for a white man?

So I met this guy online and we are going to meet in real life in a couple of weeks... he seems like a pretty nice guy but his profile says he's 5'7... And I just wanted to know of that is considered short for white guys?
I don't know really I'm just a little nervous; everyone in my family is tall that's why.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's still by average taller than any woman that he would usually run across...
    Don't let a few inches of having to crane your neck up to kiss a man determine whether someone is worth dating. Int's an outdated social construct.
    If this guys is great then plan for a second date.
    I'm not tall but I'm taller than all the women I date. With others I'm not but they have fun with me and that's what seems to matter to them.
    Don't let society dictate who you should be interested in or attracted to. It's about you and him. That's it.
    Best wishes

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• That depends on the country: in Scandinavia, Northern Germany and the Netherlands it's on the short side. In Southern Europe it's normal.

• His height shouldn't matter if you're attracted to him and like his personality...

• Heck I'm all of 5'5 1/2 lol

• Well that's kinda strange... Because is you like him then his height should not be a problem...

Yes I think he may be short for a white guy so what? everyone is your family is tall so what?

Is his height is gonna be a deal breaker for you then you should not lead him on!!!

• Here's the latest info I could find on average heights across the globe should help you gauge things http://www.theaveragebody.com/average_height.php

• Have you never been out of your house? I'm confused how you could not know this unless you live in a place that doesn't have very many white people.

It's below average, yes.

• Really depends on what kind of white guy, Celts, Germans (including English and Scandinavians), and Slavs tend to be on the taller side whilst men from further south tend to be much shorter. Iberians, Latins, and Greeks tend to be much shorter. So if he's from the north he's quite short, if he's southern European that is quite normal.

• Lol 6"1 crew checkin in.. 5"7.. Fcking manlets..

@consultantisback

• you forgot the third ''T''

• @singlebee
      it's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder, this guy obviously has it. Ladies, stay away from guys like this, NPD is as bad of Sociopathy

• Uh depends on the region.. I think average height in the US is 5'9" but it's a diverse country.

• Yes the average height for white men in America (I'm assuming you're American but it's similar everywhere) 5'7 is short but it's not tiny and i don't think there'd be any problem.

• if you like him and you find him attractive id say go for it. why should it matter

• Yes it is.

• if you want a man who can protect you then he sounds like a little weak man. But if you like him go for him lol

• Being a short man has nothing to do with who he is. My friend David is white and short around 5'8 and he's just the nicest guy, smart, in the army. Literally, that short little guy is one of the nicest and coolest guys you'll ever meet.

• Height dose not matter when you are laying down in bed!!!

• Yeah it's kind of short

• Yes, I'm 5'7", most white men are at least 5'10" or higher. 5'7" is considered short for us

What Girls Said 2

• It is a bit shorter than average, but I don't think it's a big deal if you are attracted to him overall. Doesn't matter if your family is tall. Why would you think that's an issue?

• Yes, it's below average, but if you like him it shouldn't matter.