Is it rude/disrespectful to ignore a woman who friend zoned you?

WHat is the best thing to do?
Being a friend is the best thing to do but is ignoring her totally rude?

Every situation is different but what is the best thing to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to take the place of a friend, you simply don't have to.
    I would tell her how I feel, "It was nice getting to know you but I am not interested in being your friend. I wish you the best with life and everything in life. Goodbye."
    Leave things at that.
    Why take on a role you have no interest in being?
    Roles shouldn't be forced.

What Girls Said 18

• First of all, lets address the concept of friend zoning. While you feel you were friend zoned, the odds are that this woman genuinely does not have a romantic interest in you. I've noticed a lot of men who complain about being friend zoned because they cannot humbly accept when a woman is not interested in pursuing them romantically so they WILLINGLY CHOOSE to hang around and hopelessly wish for a romantic future together. If someone doesn't want you, then you need to accept it, get over it, and move on. If that requires some distance or cutting them off then fine. But sitting around, feeling sorry for yourself, being pitiful and desperate while you hope that one day they'll wake up and want you makes YOU responsible for your heartache, not them.

Ignoring her will make you look immature, childish, and petty. She can't help if she's not interested in you romantically so you trying to punish her by ignoring her will only make you look bad. It will also work against you because then she can have a valid reason to think "Good thing I didn't get further involved!" The best thing for you to do would be to pick up your pride and move forward with your life. If she reaches out, reply with very short responses and don't try to make the conversation go somewhere.

• That's what friendzoned is. One-sided romantic interest.

• First things first, you need to take care of yourself after being rejected. It was her choice to say "no", but that doesn't mean you have to like it. However, you do need to accept it. And that can take some time, whether it's a few days, weeks, or even months. If you get to the point where you start to feel better again, then see how you feel around her. Slowly progress back to being friends, as long as it isn't effecting you negatively. You need to take care of YOU first, and worry about the her later. After all, she's not the one dealing with the rejection.

• No, screw her. If she's friend zoning you and you want more, you're only hurting yourself by staying in the relationship. Find someone new, and if you really miss her friendship maybe become friends again. Or don't. Usually friendships between guys and girls don't work out long term. You deserve to be with someone that likes you. Girls like someone that's confident and indepenent, don't let one girl slow you down. Be like Beyonce.

• Things at that point are probably awkward, so I would put some space in between the two of you. Outright ignoring is probably a little uncalled for, but one word answers or smart@ss remarks will generally make it known that you don't feel like talking right now... if ever. Just go with whatever you feel most comfortable with. She pretty much disregarded your feelings, so turnabout is fair play.

• You don't have to be her friend, but at least tell her that you can't/don't want to. If she was upfront enough about her own (lack of) feelings and told you that she doesn't see you in a romantic way, then you should do the same to her and explain to her that you can't be friends with her when you have these feelings.
    When you ignore people, you're not only wasting your time, but also their time. For instance, if they try to reach out to you multiple times by calling or texting, you're effectively wasting their time when they could be doing something else, reaching out to someone else who actually wants to be their friend. Likewise, you're wasting your time when you read through (and possibly delete) their messages or when you avoid your phone when they call. If you just want to move on, wouldn't it also be easier to do so if they didn't constantly try to contact you because they think you're still friends?
    Over all I just think it's way more beneficial for both parties involved if you simply explain that you can't offer them your friendship.

• If you have told the woman that you are interested in her romantically and she shares with you that she doesn't return those feelings, then there are but two options.

Option 1: You can stay friends with her. My motto is that it is only awkward if YOU make it awkward. As long as you don't, then a friendship can continue. Establish boundaries and things will be okay. She is not interested romantically and there is not much you can do. If you continue a friendship, then you need to not hold onto hope that one day that friendship will bloom into something more. While there is a possibility that it could, it is unlikely and you shouldn't waste your time pondering on the subject.

Option 2: Respectfully tell her that while your friendship meant a lot you (if it did), you are not comfortable continuing a friendship. It's not easy caring for someone in a romantic way and knowing they don't care for you in that way. Don't ignore her. To me, that is rude and childish. If you had enough courage to tell her that you like her (or love her, who knows?), then you have the courage to let her know that you can't handle the idea of being just friends.

Being a friend is not the best thing to do. The best thing to do is doing what is right for you. While it is kind to care about the other parties feelings, you can't just ignore your own. If you feel you aren't up to dealing with the fact that while you'll talk to this person just as often as you did before admitting your feelings but can't be with them romantically, then there is nothing wrong with walking away. You have to put yourself first sometimes. If that person truly cares for you, while it may hurt, they will understand and be willing to let you go for the sake of your happiness.

• It sucks to be friend zoned especially if you really wanted to be more, but that is no one's fault. You cannot force a romantic relationship upon someone. If you thought the person was nice, and friendly, and someone you'd want to hang out with partially because of these qualities, don't deny yourself the potential of a really good friend because of your ego. However, if all you are going to do is resent the friendship and feel bitter about it, I wouldn't go so far as to ignore her completely, but just keep it very light and cordial, hi, hello, how are you, but no more than that.

• Is it rude/disrespectful to ignore a woman who friend zoned you?
    Not in my opinion I generally expect a guy to ignore me once rejected as in my opinions guys rarely want anything to do with a gal unless he can get sex be it from her, her friends, her family members, or her as a wingwoman.

• I guess so. You don't have to be her friend!

• I think you should keep your distance for your own heart's sake. You don't have to put up with being friends if it hurts you. No one should have to.

• Rude yes but oh well that's life.

I've done the same with guys.. in my head Back then you didn't want me, now I'm hot , you all on me 🎵🎶

• Yeah its rude. At least tell her you're going to break wjth her and give an honest reason, if you feel like you must ignore her.

• Be polite and curteous. You don't have to be best buddies, but don't be rude. Keep conversations short, clear and concise if you want nothing to do with her anymore.

• Yupppppp ! "RUDE"

• Friend zone isn't official its temporary depends on your behavior. There was one guy who was interested in me and he got out of the friend zone because he was consistent and a cool guy.

Don't slack because things isn't going your way. She could be testing you..

• Yeah. Just tell her U don't want to B friends.

• Absolutely. I have friend zoned several guys and now they never talk to me. It really hurts my feelings and makes me feel that they only wanted to around me to checkk me out rather than be a friend to me.

• Yes, a bit rude. I think if a guy friend zoned me, I would tell them "I understand how you feel, but I feel differently. I think it's best that I no longer am in communication with you. Best of luck to you!" and then leave it like that.
    Avoidance seems a bit immature to me, but in certain cases it can also be for the best. I would try a goodbye first, then cut them out of your life.

• You can ignore her because if you still have feelings for her, you cannot be friends

What Guys Said 22

• Don't ignore her, just be short and answer with close ended replies.

Also sorry to hear it didn't work out. Just own it and move on

• Ignoring is always rude, but there's nothing wrong if you don't wanna be her friend, clearly both want different things for each other, so it's ok to not accept what she wants, but it would be good to tell her why you don't wanna talk.

• Be polite, but let her come to you and just be brief.
    Unless she picked someone else over you, no need to be rude

• If she has friend zoned you then the greatest thing to do is treat her like you would treat a friend. Don't keep pursuing her like in previous times, but don't completely ruin a relationship simply because she was not interested in you in that way. The only time I would advise the latter is when/if you are emotionally unstable and do not want to receive or cause anymore pain.

• Why is being her friend the best thing to do?

• 1. She is a runner, im a runner also.
      2. She has hot friends.
      3. Connections for more opportunities numbnuts
      4. Im not a low life scumbag.

• @Asker
      Olderandwiser is just trying to help you. He responded with a question, probably because he wanted to know more, so he couldve helped you better.
      Dont get all angry! :P

• People who are educated usually realize the immaturity in calling other people names.

• Just ignore her without a second thought. She'll come to understand that its just reciprocation.

• if you're only interested in more than friends than its fine if you cut off contact with her after that, but it'll probably be best to at least tell her that.

• No, it's the best thing to do. If she ain't fucking she gotta go.

• You don't play mind games, it's not about getting "back at her" somehow, with something. The most disrespect you can express is when you don't speak your mind BUT are constantly hinting at some bullshit.

You don't need to explain anything to her, she's not a kindergarten kid. If you two are going to be friends then that's what it means. Friends. If you can't handle it, then walk away. There is no middle ground.

• Just be civil. If you have to talk to her, do so but don't get involved. Don't try and be her "friend" when she already knows you have the hots for her, quite frankly she doesn't want you to be a friend either unless she's one of those girls who has a blast using weak clueless guys.

The best you can do is to keep your distance. Why would you want to have a delicious steak in front of you, when your hands are tied?

• She still is a friend.

• Ignoring her would be indicative of hurt feelings. It's clearly vindictive.

• If ignoring is what will help you move on then yeah, do it. If you aren't bothered by it and truly can handle just being a friend and won't be hurt if you see her with a douchebag, then no you shouldn't ignore her.

• yes, makes you look a pussy.

• If you can't handle it any other way, do it, I guess.

I still hang out with someone who rejected me.

She's gives useful/helpful advice.

• Actually not, it's too mature from your part, cause you continue with your life, if you wanna that person in your life as your girlfriend boyfriend, and she or he doesn't it, you don't have to worried about

• Make the friend zone a productive opportunity and try to get with girl in her inner circle.

• Treat her like any other person.

• If you were really close friend --> Yes, it's rude to ignore.
    If you were just another friend --> Doesn't matter as long as you keep replies short as others suggested.
    If you were friend-zoned in from the very beginning --> Nah, it's not rude.

• Friendzone. If you are in it, you should permanently cut her out of your life. That is always the best response.

• No. It is not rude. She is rude for not at least giving it a shot. When a woman friends zones me, I just cut her out of my life.

• No it is not.

• Treat her like you would a stranger on the street. You wouldn't be rude to someone who was curtious and ask you for time on street, but don't bother doing favors for her, replying to her emotional text about how much of an asshole her boyfriend is or complaints of life. You should probably ignore her attempts to try and invite you out and just keep a distant but don't ignore completely.

• If anything you could probably spin this and contact her when you want to get information from her about something and just use her.