Alone...again on V-Day.

It's Valentines day and I'm at home more single then ever. I've always spent V-day alone but it's really frustrating me this year. Almost all of my friends are now in relationships. I don't want to sound like the kind of girl that needs to be told time after time she's beautiful or anything but is there something wrong if you don't even have a guy ask ya out? I'm shy when it comes to guys. I'm more old fashioned and would rather them pursue me, but I know I'm never going to get anywhere if I don't also do my part. Advice? Also, there seems to be no decent guys left in this world! All of them are taken or end up being a jerk.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always been single over Valentine's Day too, but I've never seen the point of Valentine's Day anyway. It's just another day to me. I decided to embrace my singledom and do what I wanted. That being watching slasher flicks, playing games online, talking to my other single friends online, and basically made fun of those people who just HAD to go out on the day because of what day it was.

I've never been asked out for Valentine's day and I gotta say, I'm okay with that. I probably have more fun talking to my single friends both here in my town, and across the planet (granted she does have somebody in her life, but still), and doing my own thing.

As for pursuing guys, do whatever's comfortable for you. Smiling at the guy you like is always a good option, a casual "Hey, how are ya?" can help start communication. You don't have to come right out and say "Hey, I wanna jump your bones" because let's face it, that idea is terrifying and not the smartest way to start any kind of relationship. Just be true to yourself, and don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

What Guys Said 3

• No, it may seem like that, but it isn't. There are a lot of good guys out there, but, like you said, you're going to need to look for them... because they aren't just going to fly in like a superhero and whisk you off your feet. Don't give up hope. There's a guy out there for you somewhere.

About being single on Valentine's Day... just because all of your friends are in realationships, doesn't mean that you do, too. Many people are under the impression that it's bad if you aren't dating anyone on Valentine's Day. So, they go out and do whatever they can to find a date. Well, that's probably not going to last very long. It could, I won't say that it can't, but I just don't think that it's likely that a relationship like that will last.

If you're still having trouble with where you're at on Valentine's Day, here's something that may help: think of where other people are today. There's always someone in a lot worse situation than you. I know that gets said a lot, but it's true. For the last two years, I spent V-Day in a jail cell. And my b-day is the day after V-Day. It may suck being single on Valentine's Day, but it REALLY sucks to be in jail on Valentine's Day :-)

• Advice-> The day isn't over, put yourself in a position where guys can approach you. They would enjoy having a valentine for the day and you may be able to develope a relationship out of the V-day convenience of having someone with you.

P.s. If you haven't met all men, in person, it's hard to believe that "all" of us are jerks. Don't you think? ;-)

Furthermore, V-day is just a fake hallmarketing day. I call it "singles significance day" per another person's input from this site.

~ArtistBBoy

• Well Thank you! I didn't mean for that to come across as all guys are jerks, I know there are some really great guys. I just haven't seem to find mine yet. Thanks again! :)

• Showing interest never hurts anything. I think sometimes a lot of guys don't like to make moves because they don't like to be denied after building up the courage to make a move on someone they don't really know. Or at least that is how it is for me.

I mean there are little signs such as smiling or even looking at a guy that can give them some kind of reason to come talk to you.

• A casual smile wouldn't apply the same; however, I believe your talking more about a certain "look" that makes the woman approachable. It's hard to describe this look without me being goofy while you can see my expressions; however, it's like this:

The "look" is one of pure happiness and fun while enjoying who you are, where you are, when you are. What that means is that you don't have any "complaints" towards life and can enjoy your current position / surroundings. It attracts a lot of people.

What Girls Said 0