Is there any point dating a girl I can only see once a week?

We live in different towns and go to different schools, it takes roughly 20 minutes by car to get from mine to hers but we are both 16 so can't drive (in England) so I'd only be able to see her on the weekends, is there any point dating if we can only see eachother on weekends?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends (explain in comments)
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how much you care about the girl. If you truly don't see a relationship with her due to the distance then don't do it. If you can and she's the most awesome girl you have ever seen. Then you should give it a try.

I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 4 years now. To me it's worth the entire wait since he's the most amazing guy I have ever met.

Most Helpful Guy

• With all of this technology available to have constant and intimate contact, it is easy to keep contact! I say go for it. :)

What Girls Said 10

• Sure, as long as you communicate with them during the week. That was one reason that my last relationship failed to continue. No matter how much I tried to encourage him to talk to me during the week he always blamed our lack of communication on his "horrible multitasking skills" and when I'd ask him to join on Skype with my friends and I he wouldn't compromise and do so because he "didn't like how he looked on camera." He thought he looked ugly, but I didn't care. I'm not the biggest fan of how I look on camera, but I Skype anyway. It's not about looks, it's about being able to talk to my boyfriend. We maybe texted 1-3 times a week and when we did text, we'd text for like 5 seconds before he wouldn't respond back to me and the conversation would cease to exist.

As long as you guys communicate with each other during the week, all will be fine. You don't have to talk every single day, but check in on each other.

• Atm we text/Facebook everyday, pretty much from the moment we wake up to the moment she goes to sleep :)

• Yes seems fine! Don't you guys have buses? It doesn't sound so awful! I once date a guy who was like 4800 hours away now how about those apples!

• Yeah but buses are expensive in my county and it would take an hour on a bus as the route is REALLY indirect

• So we meet up at weekends but just as friends :)

• Okay that sounds good!

• Personally yes, I use to see my boyfriend about once a week, I also had a life outside of him so I'm not always going to be available

• If you really really liked her there would be no question. If you think she's worth getting to see once a week then pursue her. I see my boyfriend every few weeks because of school and distance, and I think he's worth it.

• I say that's a stupid question. You are 16 years old. Once a week is fine. Attended to your schoolwork. You speak as if you are a married couple which is ridiculous. The world is falling apart but you must see each other every day.

• Pussy once a week is better than no pussy at all hahaha jk

• If its love you'll wait for her at the end of the earth if thats the only place she can meet you.

• No. A week is long. I always dated people in my high school so like this I can see them everyday.

• When I first started dating my husband (we were both 16) we only saw each other on the weekends. We lived an hour and twenty minutes from one another. If you want it bad enough, go for it. Distance shouldn't hold one back from his/her true feelings.

• Yes! That's no distance at all SERIOUSLY. I've had relationships that spanned over 1000 miles and that's why we stopped but a 20 minute drive is nothing. At least you get to see your partner regularly versus never knowing when you both will be free for a week to visit or where you'll come up with all the travel fare. You shouldn't end the relationship for this reason.

• I'm not ending it, I'm wondering if I should start it

• If you like her I would.

What Guys Said 8

• How many times per week do you think you should be seeing a girlfriend? Obviously, the answer is different if you attend the same school, because then you see her every day. However, if you live in the same town and attend different schools, you talk on the phone (FaceTime, Skype) every day and get together for a date once per week.

• I sometimes only get to see my girlfriend once a week (albeit for the entire weekend) and that's not because we can't drive - our work schedules aren't that compatible for getting together mid-week.

Absence will make you miss each other and make the times together so much better. AAAAND you'll have stuff to talk about!

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

It depends on your wants and values. If you really believe it's something you don't want in a relationship then there's no point remaining in that relationship. I wouldn't say that it's something everyone can't cope with. Ask @Mustachekitteh

• If you end up dating her, then you will end up seeing her more often than just once a week. The challenge is, it is hard to attract her if you see her for just only once a week.

• I would love to see her more often than once a week but circumstances don't allow for that

• I hang out with my girlfriend for a weekend every 3 weeks, so I think you would be fine. If you can find some means of transport, go for it.

• You're 16, not 26+ You have soo much time you won't believe it.

• You are only 16. In time you will drive. If she is a wonderful girl, then stick it out.

• people on here date with never seeing so i think you're alright