Why my Boyfriend is making fun of me?

my boyfriend loves me but he always makes fun about my facial features although em pretty, after tht he tries to cheer me up but it makes me feel like crap? we are in a long distance relationship and he is pretty mature... he does it whenever I send him my picture.. although I am sure he isn't cheating on me.

by the way he doesn't even feel bad after making fun of me.. and keeps on saying tht again and again

Most Helpful Guy

• He shouldn't make fun of you.

Personally though I have a bit of a pet hate on people describing themselves as pretty. I do think peoplle should have confidence and be happy with themselves but I dunno, when someone says they're pretty it just always comes off as arrogant, I can't get past that, it just makes me dislike them a bit.

I know I might get downvoted for saying that, but I just think it pays to be more humble, that's just me. If someone else thinks I'm good looking, great, but I'd never use it as a way of describing myself.

• Well sorry if I sounded a bit arrogant... I just wanna know why he does that and hurt me... why the hell does he try to cheer me up thn when he doesn't even care...

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he obviously doesn't appreciate how you feel?

What Guys Said 4

• That's not right at all. I am not why he would do something like that, and not even apologize for that. It seems by nature he does things like that to everyone may be.

• because it's funny. it's a joke, not a dick. don't take it so hard.

• Probably its funny to him... but he knows I am so insecure... still he hurts me like that but after that he tries to cheer me up and do whatever he can to make me happy but whats the point?

• Well, not to be mean or whatever, but it's not fun being around an insecure girl. Maybe he has a different threshold, but I'd personally couldn't date a girl who gets upset every time I crack a joke or rib you. However, if he knows you're insecure and every time he makes a joke, he upsets you, why wouldn't you expect him to try to cheer you up? He's kidding. But apparently you're the 1 out of the 2 who doesn't get that part

• It's just jokes. But, to be fair, joke about his appearance, see how he handles it.

• He takes it so easily whenever I joke about him... he just says em yours now no matter how I look... but I hate it when he makes fun of me like that..

• Boys are stupid

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend doesn't really do it anymore, but he used to tease me about many things, and he would say hurtful things without meaning to. He genuinely thought they were funny and harmless, but they were actually not very nice. He used to be very immature too though.

• Sorry em actually kinda new to this site but I think I just downvoted you... its by mistake now its not getting undone... appreciate your opinion :)

• Do tell me how cn I undo this downvote... my boyfriend cheers me up after tht but whats the point? He knows about my insecurities and he kinda likes it.. but he doesn't take it seriously whenever I make fun of him... but I never say such rude things..

• It's alright, I've done it too! I don't think there's a way you can undo it, and I'm also new to the site.
      I'm not really sure why guys tend to do that, but I think they see it as a harmless joke when we take it a bit more seriously than that.

• Insult him and see how he takes it.

• It's good that he's fair. Just tell him that to you it's not a joke.