Is it a rule not to text the day after?

We've been talking for a month. Met yesterday for a date, everything went swimmingly and when I left he said "text when you get home, see you soon."

I texted at 2 am when I got home to let him know and thanked him for a nice night. He replied immediately saying that's great I'm happy to hear it. Muah! :-* " Then I just said sweet dreams.

Haven't heard back since. I didn't try to text either, so probably shouldn't complain, but was just curious as to there being some sort of 'rule'.

Seems he is just not interested cause I still haven't heard from him.

Most Helpful Guy

• There isn't a rule, but many guys will wait. If you thought the date went well, there is a good chance that it did. Don't come to the conclusion that he is not interested even after 2 days. If you are still wondering, text him again and see what his response is. If he drops off the face of this Earth, then forget it.

• Thanks for your help. I heard from him this morning. I actually never tried contacting him at all between the date and his contact today, so I wasn't really complaining, I was just wondering. Thanks again!! :-)

• We started talking yesterday and everything was fine. I never texted him in the first place cause for me it was like whatever. But we have been speaking regularly since yesterday morning when he said good morning.

Thanks again for your input.

• Awesome. Glad things are working out :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I very recently went through something like this, myself. Whereas every situation is different, I think in cases like this you should always just listen to your gut instinct. Chances are, he may not be very interested... otherwise, I would think he would want to at least tell you Good Morning.

• I wrote this last Sunday, and he wrote to me yesterday morning finally saying good morning. We've been talking since.

• That's good! If you guys end up taking it further, i would say communicate your concerns if he does it again. After all, it sucks being left in the dark, and the best way to find out anything is by asking.

• Absolutely! Thanks again.

What Guys Said 4

• Immature daters might play by some silly set of 'rules' but most people with decent experience in dating don't usually play childish games like that.

• The thought also crossed my mind that we last spoke today, albeit at 2 am, but still we did speak today. Hmmm... I was just wondering. Thanks for your help.

• Some people do that shit.. They feel as if texting would make them come off as thirsty. Well, if you want to text, you text.

• I honestly just didn't feel like texting, but I was just wondering if that's a trend or something. I've been married for 14 years so now that I'm pretty much dating for the first time again, I don't know what to expect.

• i think you're fine

• So you've been on one date and he's already obligated to initiate a conversation with you every day?

• Hell the day isn't even half over yet

• Yup you're correct about the first part. Didmt look at the time stamp

If you feel he's not obligated to initiate a conversation, then why are you bothered and saying "Seems he is just not interested" after not talking to you for a day? If you want to talk try initiating a conversation for once

• To update the question. It was just a statement.

What Girls Said 6

• Ugh. That is for middle schoolers who are immature and dumb and shouldn't be in a relationship. There's nothing wrong with texting the day after. I would. If you like someone, then obviously you'll want to talk to them. As long as the texts aren't obsessive and when he doesn't reply you text him like 5 times throughout the day, then you're good.

• I honestly just didn't feel like texting, but I was just wondering if that's a trend or something.

• There really isn't a rule, you text them when you feel like it, obviously not too much but if you want to text someone then do it!

• I don't think so? Maybe he was just busy or trying not to seem desperate.

• Maybe... the thought also crossed my mind that we last spoke today, albeit at 2 am, but still we did speak today. Hmmm... I was just wondering.

• Eh... with me I have no rule. I text whenever I want n how long. I say fuck the damn rule n if he doesn't respect that will fuck him too!

• There are no rules when it comes to texting. Everyone is different when it comes to replying. Some reply at anything immediately. Some look at the message and wait for a long time because they don't know what to say... Don't overthink.

• There is no rule.