Does falling in love bring more harm than good?

Really think about it, from both perspectives

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think so in general, I think it pushes you to grow, change, and adapt either way if it succeeds or fails. There could be really toxic relationships that bring more harm than good, but even from those when you come out of it and heal you hopefully know what to look out for in the future, how to protect yourself from those types of people, and how to come back from getting out of a toxic relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• For me, it does. I don't like to be vulnerable and I also have trouble committing. I fear falling in love because putting my heart out like that is just asking for hurt. I can't handle that. I am not capable of loving someone romantically because of this.

• I'm going to stop putting my heart out there.

• Well, for me, I'm a commitmentphobe and it's due to being around the unhealthy and toxic marriage of my parents which caused me to be that way. I'm screwed up basically. If I wasn't so screwed up, I would be more open to it, but it's not fair of me to get with someone when I know I won't be able to be fully there. Don't give up just because of a few failed attempts or bad relationships.

• not at all

• No not at all...

“Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt.”
    ― Meša Selimović

What Guys Said 1

• Nah, I feel suicidal when I don't have a girlfriend... and I feel amazing when I have one. :)