What are your thoughts on me Dating my boss?

Hey

There is a guy who wants to give a job. He has a tech business that is booming and has a lot of Franchises. He likes me a lot and we have only known eachother for 2 months. I like talking to him and sharing jokes but am not inlove and more importantly I want a job! I just want to know if he does hire me, I accept and somewhere there we start dating...

WOULD IT BE UNETHICAL?

IS IT RIGHT TO BE DATING MY BOSS/BOYFRIEND?

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY , SHOULD MY BOSS BE MY BOYFRIEND?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not about being unethical, but your boyfriend being your boss can give rise to some really unfavourable workplace consequences.

• @aficionado such as?

• Thanks for MHO! :)

• no probs :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm are you just friends right now?

Why mix business with pleasure? Bad idea

• Yes we are friends now but we have a connection. He likes me a lot and I am sure it may develop into something more. He also knows my situation and wants to give me a job but being a girlfriend and a manager, is a lot at once.

• As long you dont work closely... But whatever

Still a bad idea when people gossip

• @abundantlyrich thank you. I feel the same way too. just wanted to know if i was way in over my head

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, it is very unethical; it ruins his credibility as a manger.

• sighs ok. Just feel confused. If I say no am sure I won't get the job and our friendship may be ruined. If I say yes then , am wonderin how it would be working for him and dating him as well

• Yes due to favoritism

• hmmm I guess men can be just as bad as female coworkers. Thank you soo much for your advice. I will greatly consider it

• If you aren't actually interested in him, then the moment he figures it out, your bridges are burned and you will probably not have an easy job... If you'll still have one.

I personally would feel bad if I was hired out of romantic affiliation and not skills. Although I do admit having protection or someone else's approval tends to help.

• @Mesonfielde so what do you propose?

• If you're not interested in him, then get the job without resorting to using the parts between your thighs.

• @Mesonfielde thanks , I will obtain the job by honest ways

• Let's put aside the ethical gray area for the moment and consider the position you will be putting yourself into.
    If you date your boss, your subordinate position could also spill into your relationship. Do you feel you could be equal in your relationship when he holds such a position over you?
    Also, what about your co-workers? The office buzz could potentially revolve around your qualifications vs. how you actually got the job. This could sting you professionally.

• @Almostoverit You have a great point there, thanks for your advice

What Girls Said 0