Can my high school/college relationship last?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years. We met when he was a junior and I was a freshmen. At the start I relied on him a lot which wasn't a huge deal since he had a lot of extra time. He is currently a freshmen in college and I'm a junior in high school. In my opinion things have gone well. I've adjusted to his changing schedule and give him the space he may want and need. I am definitely not as clingy as I once was and I trust him. We both love each other and are willing to make this work. What are your thoughts could this work out? Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's definitely an adjustment and it just shows how badly he really wants to be with you if he actually stays faithful and doesn't just try to do what others may be doing etc. I think it could potentially work, and it's good that you're not super clingy-- and hopefully always stay in communication for most of the time though.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. My parents started dating senior year but were friends a few years before that. And they've now been married 25 years.

Most of my still-married relatives met in high school.

• Possible, it does happen. Sounds like you have the right attitude, I still wouldn't count on it.

• Mine didn't.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want it to it will. Mine currently is going well despite having never attended the same school or being in the same grade lol