I cheated on my boyfriend, when should I tell him?

I cheated on him, I feel terrible. I wish I could take it back. I haven't told him yet (it happened last night) and we are in a long distant relationship (we live 32 hours away from eachother) I don't want him to leave me, but I feel like he most likely will. Every wed. and fri. we Skype with eachother because it's our only free time, which I was thinking of telling him then. Should I wait till wed. when we are skyping to tell him or text him it now? I feel like telling him face to face is better than a text message. And I can't call him, so that's out of the picture.

• Wait till wed. when you Skype
  • Text him it now.
  • Don't tell him

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was him I'd prefer to be told by text now, than face to face tomorrow, it's not something I'd like to be waiting for, though face to face is better, but again, it's too important, it can't wait.

But tell him, don't listen to those who tell you not to. You fucked up, and you say you feel "terrible", which means you "regret" it, so at least once, do the right thing, act like an adult, and tell him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him on Skype.
    Texting it would look horrible. It would make you seem like you don't really care.

• The act already proved that she didn't really care, I doubt the delivery method makes a difference. If I was cheated on, I don't care how I knew but rather the fact that I was cheated on.

• @DBAOracle lol ok. Have a great day and keep up harassing/putting down random people over the internet. good job (not)

• Oh, harassing and putting down cheaters is a pleasure of mine. I would definitely do this as a full time job with minimum wage. Glad to know I hurt you so much...

What Guys Said 16

• ONLY IF you are done cheating, do this:
    it never happened, nothing to confess

even if years later the cheat rat appears & spills the beans, deny it as his imagination, perhaps even confused which gals did what

The End, no more sins, true blue forever
    is ALL we care about and can deal with, dear

• It does not matter if you were to tell him now or later.. I think he will drop you like a rock anyways when he does find out.. cheating to me is not something anyone should do and the person that takes the cheater back.. should maybe take up the proffesion of brick laying.. as you or him are a few bricks short of a load.. just my opinion.. but think about it

• Only if he finds out and asks. You should break up. You don't love him

• Hopefully, he dumps you and doesn't care about you too much

• If you can cheat on someone you don't love or respect them. I'd say end the relationship because you're not happy. Let him keep his dignity and just exit the relationship and cut contact.

• Prepare him with a text then talk to him on Skype

• Assume the relationship is over. It will make it easier to tell him (if you do)

• if you tell him it's over. simple as that

• If you don't want him to leave you, don't tell him.

• You should text him now because it wouldn't be right to ruin the only free time he has

• You can tell him right now , but he may leave u , so 1st you have to give you space and think about what you did.

• Dirty slut

• Don't tell him

• Obviously I'm going to tell him

• Are you going to tell him because it will improve his life, or because you want him to forgive you so you don't feel guilty?

• I wanted to tell him because I feel bad, I feel that he's need to know that I was not faithful.

• Skype is best, if face to face isn't possible.

And shame to all the women who voted... as of my post, 100% have voted for her to not tell him.

• And texting would be pathetic. Such classless behavior.

• I hope he is also cheating on you

• neat.

• not true. but you can believe that if you like.

• Very true.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell him now because you were unfaithful and he deserves to know. If he leaves you then he leaves you, you'll just have to deal with the consequences of your actions. If you want to see if you can have a full blown discussion about it Wednesday when you Skype then do that, but he should know now.

• You should certainly tell him as soon as possible. If you can find the time to text him that should be enough time for the two of you to Skype. The longer you wait the less likely you'll say something. He is deserving of the truth and whether or not he leaves you is something he has the right to decide. You were already selfish enough to hurt him, keeping this from him is only going to make things worse. If he leaves you he leaves you, but he NEEDS to hear the truth.

• How did you get yourself into that position if you are so afraid your boyfriend will react so terribly to the news you banged someone else?

Ask yourself whether you deserve this man and whether it's worth keeping the relationship if you are allowing yourself to be distracted by other men.

• I condone cheating, I wouldn't tell him shit.