On the first day of a new semester, do you check out everyone of the opposite sex to see if you would be interested in dating them?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously not consciously. It's impossible for a human being with perfectly good sight to not scope out their surroundings, and that includes the people in them. If I happen to see someone that I find attractive, there's nothing I can do to stop certain areas in my brain from "lighting up." Of course I don't go into class thinking about whether there's a potential partner waiting for me on the other side of the door, but saying a complete no with no exceptions would be stupid. For lack of a better analogy, that's like going to the grocery store to buy healthy food because you want to better your health, and saying you feel absolutely no urge to snatch up some of your very own unhealthy kryptonite (mine being a bag of america's good ol' no-fail friend, potato chips.)

Most Helpful Guy

• College is to learn and to built your career, you shouldn't be thinking about this stuff...
    Yes, first thing I do is check out chicks lol

What Girls Said 43

• I go to college to learn, not check out guys. That doesn't really matter to me.

• No, haha. I have priorities-learning.

.
    .
    .
    .
    Plus, I'm already getting the d from my boyfriend :3

• Yes. And it's so pathetic now that I'm in teaching classes 😒 It's all women and like 3 dorky guys (usually middle aged military men using up their GI Bill). So sad...

• I'm in a lot of science and math classes and the quality of girls I often have access to is equally bad.

• @queenmariereigns Yes, education-based classes, like diversity in the classroom and whatnot

• I wanted to go back to college to be a teacher but I decided not to do that, I'm choosing a different major but I had no idea that grade school teaching was predominantly female. I had some hot guy teachers when I was in grade school lol

• Lol, heck ya. I don't exactly think about dating them, but I do think about wanting to get to know them.

• ikr? i try talking to them and end up having a nice conversation with them and i never talk to them again. I don't know why this happens. lol

• Yes, I wish I had a female friend I could talk like that with to be honest.

• @Applefan1 Those kind of friendships are rare. People always think we are/should be dating, but he and I aren't meant for that life. I can relate to him more than I can to other girls. I only talk to him and my boyfriend, haha. We actually became friends because he had a crush on me and wanted to get to know me. Lol, this boy has a crush on different people all the time. He liked me for a month or so before realizing that we just weren't meant to be, haha. I never was interested. As soon as he met my sister, it was the end of everything. I talk to him every single day. Skype, snapchat, doesn't matter. We are even the two lead roles in our school musical. We do everything together, haha.

• Whoever said no is a liar 😂😂😂😂

• nope.. Cuz I probably won't like any of them.. and I avoid dating stuff in class.. it can affect my studies.

• Every male that walks in the room gets evaluated. Some for longer than others. I go to a D1 school, but first semester didn't bring much luck. Hoping second does!

• Lmao everytime haha! I spend day 1 picking out 2-3 eyecandy per class! Always gotta have a backup plan if you find out one of the guys you like is gay or taken haha

• Yes, not really for the sake of dating but I do check people out just to see what my class looks like. It's kinda a relief when there isn't a super cute guy. Less distracting lol

• No. I did that when I started uni but now I only see the same faces over and over. So there's nobody to check out.

• lol i dont do that.

• I love university!. ❤️ Good times!

• Nah... If he cute I just look!

• Haha. I have and now that I'm older and back in school, it's not because I want to know who's eligible. I want to see if there is anyone else my age there!

• No because I'm interested in the same sex...

• I'm not interested in dating anyone or even having sex with anyone.
    For me it's not so much a matter of me looking at each person & asking myself "is this person hot?" If the person *isn't* hot, then the thought doesn't come to my mind. I look at the same way I'd view someone of the same sex. I don't even think about it. If the person *is* hot, that's when I think, "oh, that person's hot."

• Mmm I just started my new semester in a new college and nope. Not interested, I didn't check up any guy because I already know none will interest me.

• I mean yeah you just kinda look around and see who is attractive, who looks like they'd be cool etc

• No, not really

• I would still do this and I'm not even looking for anyone lol

• Haha true I did when I went to school and uni lol xD

• No one interesting to be dating. I'm only here a year.

• yes i did that

• I said yes because I don't do it purposely but I am aware after the fact that I've done it.

• I like to look at both! This girl in my class got the juice 😍💦

• Sounds about right...

• yes. no one this time :/

• Hahaha, I use to do that all the time when I was at university.

• No I don't.

• Nah I'm honestly there to study not check people out

• I'd check out everyone of both sexes lol

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 36

• I'll notice a few people, but I'm more focused on class work. I will, however, listen to people talking before class starts, and there have been many times when I found myself wanting to know a woman a little better if she's clever or intelligent or kind.

So, I guess I'm listening to check people put instead of looking so much.

• That's such a unique perspective on it & I appreciate that you value intelligence in females more so than appearance :)

• I look to see who I might like to get to know and sit next to. I don't go looking for hot women to date on the first day. A good study partner that will turn into a new freind is often more useful that someone that you might date a few times.

• The key to having a good time in the class for the whole semester is to sit next to a cute girl and hope she doesn't move somewhere else.

Literally today in education class I sat in the seat next to where the cute girl sat last class (cause last class was the first class) and then she sat next to me.

• Not on the first day. Usually during the first week I am so focused on academics and trying to get a feel for how difficult (or not) the semester is going to be and working out my study schedule that I don't have time for that. But around weeks 2 or 3, I will start checking out the girls to see if any interest me.

• I'm in engineering. I'm not checking out a bunch of dudes.

• yes, but then I do that throughout the semester, over spring break, and really pretty much year round every year since I was 8 or so.

Though, 'dating' isn't quite the right word..

• Check them out, yes.
    See if I'd be interested in dating seriously, no.
    That would come about naturally throughout the semester.

But since it is the first week of school I might invite a girl out to lunch or a quick 10 to 30 minute date right after class or after chatting her up in the hall. A quick date right off the bat can be a lot of fun. It's more so about enjoying company rather than looking for a girlfriend.

• No, I have never checked out a woman under any circumstances. I will never do that also.

• Yeah I think you are only human not in dating potential but in whether attractive or not is more likely.

• Not really.. I'm primarily focused on my education. I'm not really looking for a relationship atm.

• No, if anything I'm like "She cute, she's cute, she's okay, damn she fine, she's cute."

• would... wouldn't.. would bend over, would, wouldn't, would hurt me, wouldn't talk to me, wouldn't know, would think i'm old, wouldn't, would right now, wouldn't wouldn't woul...

• Check girls out?
    Yeah...
    Look for someone to date?
    Nah not really.

• It's just generally fun to do that. Doesn't everyone do that?

• Yes I totally did that lol scout out the hot girls in my classes

• no but i wouldn't have minded doing it. its a great way to meet girls but just don't come off too strong because you'll be stuck together for a while if it goes south.

• Yes not necessarily to date but definitely to see if I have any attractive women in my class

• NO.
    When I am in school/College I focus just on my studies alone.
    I dont go to college to check out people

• no never

• Yes, I did. Granted, that was years ago.

• Ha! I was doing it today.

• No in college I don't really get tight with girls I usually just talk 2 them then again I was picking up on 1 girl named maya but I was really talking to her about school stuff like majors and what makes us interested in them

• Sometimes I'm guilty of doing that. Kind of pathetic of me. :(

• not meNope,

• that's what I'm gunna do hopefully there's some cute ass girls in my classe

• No I haven't, but I might do that starting Monday.

• I look for potential targets, yeah.

• What about using tinder at the start of the semester? Any girls here do that?

I don't look around, it's nice, but having someone you're close with is better than trying at school or online.

• Ugh tinder is huge at my school. I'm in the 1% that doesn't have one.

• @DiamondRuby I don't have it either. The girl I'm seeing has it because last year I had it with her and cheated 😳. She has it now, but I'm not worried and it looks like a joke... just mindless attention.

• To each their own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I have someone I like. I'm pursuing them. They're pursuing me

• No. I can't want to date someone without knowing what their personality is like.

• More from Guys
    6