How do you have a mental connection with your boyfriend?

How do you make your boyfriend feel mentally connected to you? Is it something that is just there or can it be built? People say that mental connections make people want to stay in relationships and it is more important than just a sexual connection.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you need to think in a similar way. People who approach problems with rationality tend to blend better with people who resort to rationality as well instead of esoterism, for example.

Then you just need a similar type of self-expression and similar values. Like similar things. And then maybe you will have a shared social context.

Most Helpful Girl

• Similar personalities and similar backgrounds... might make a good mental connection because they will both understand each other

What Guys Said 4

• You can't force communication. Both people can't be afraid to be vulnerable with each other which is a rare thing. When there isn't a strong connection and communication the relationship slowly withers and dies in my experience. Sometimes two people just aren't right for each other either.

• It has to be built through conversation and experiences. The more you get to know about each other the more you will pick up on how each of you is feeling and why. This will start to allow you to kind of be in, each others heads a little and connect better.

• I had a girlfriend for a while that I felt mentally connected to, we would solve crosswords together. Without her I seem to only get around half the clues right.

• Sit next to him when he is watching sports and don't say a word, even in the as breaks unless he speaks first.

What Girls Said 0