Dealing with guys who use women for their ego boost?

Hello! So my question comes from my own personal experience I had recently. I thought this guy was genuinely being my friend but I realized he was only using me for an ego boost. Eg. He would always tell me about passing his exams but when it came to mine, nothing. He was inconsistent with his texting. He only texted me when he felt the need. Like sth good happening in his life. Never asked me about how my life was. N there were some more. My gut says its all to boost his ego. N he knows that I like him.
Anyways I ended the "friendship" coz I knew he was using me in a different way than I was using him (I. e commitment) but how to deal with guys who use women for their ego boost?

Most Helpful Guy

• So what did he say when you asked him "are you going to ask me how my life is?"

-I'm just saying. Anyways he sounds to me not that he's being an egomaniac or anything just being inconciderate to you're feelings. I dont really know the guy though, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as you realize a guy is using you free go boost, you drop him. You do not need an explanation. You just drop him

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, he does seem to be an egoistic person. Well, one way to deal with such people is to not have any talk with them, you shouldn't keep such people in your life. However I guess that's hard for you right?

• This isn't about his ego (i mean maybe he has a big ego idk). The guy just sounds selfish, alot' of people are just emotional takers... never reciprocating in the friendship. He's using you for emotional support. Does this guy have friends? and mean actual friends. Not just a group of dudes trying to one up each other with how impressive they are. He wouldn't happen to be a Science or Engineering major would he?

• how do you know he used you for an ego boost, did you ask?
    you don't ask you don't know

• well you probably mean most guys cause thats what it is all about

What Girls Said 0