Do people like to be asked out more in person or over the phone?

I noticed there are 2 ways to ask a person out and that is in person and over the phone but I wonder which 1 people are most fond of attempting

• Like to be asked out more in person
  • Like to be asked out more over the phone

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd much rather do it in person to be honest, of course sometimes that isn't always an option sadly.

What Girls Said 10

• Its so cold to be asked out on the phone. You can't see expressions, no physical contact, no warmth, no anything. Its absolutely disgusting how people are now finding a way to have conversations on phones. Its cold and a little antisocial. I'd much rather have face to face connection, its why I don't use phones to connect to people.

• Ask me out in person. I don't want to be asked out on a phone. Have the balls to tell me how you feel face to face. If you're asking me out, then you have a feeling that I like you back and I most likely won't reject you. Since that's the case, then it should be no trouble asking me to go hang out. Also, if you want me to know you have romantic feelings for me, be clear and say that you are asking me on a date. I like straight forwardness. I'm not someone who likes playing games.

• Unless it's a date set up by a mutual friend/a date with someone I met online, I would always want to be asked in person. People are always hiding behind their cell phones anymore. It's far more respectful face-to-face, though I understand it can be tough. But it's worth it!

• In person. It shows you have more confidence then someone who does it over the phone.

• In person.
    Ad least for me.

• In person is highly preferable. Obviously, there are certain situations where that is not possible, such as online dating.

• I met my winter boy on Tinder so that's how we asked each other out at first.

• I prefer doing this in person.

• Not being a pussy and asking in person is pretty flattering. Just saying! ;D

• Over phone is very impersonal. I definitely like it better when a guy asks me out face to face and I'll probably have a bigger chance of accepting it, as I can see whether they're serious and shy and it's just overall cuter.

What Guys Said 5

• Depends. If you're doing the online dating thing, phone is best.

Texting is what's complete passionless.

• In person ofcourse! It's more a humanidtic way.

• Honestly, i wouldn't give a fuck. I'd just be excited that somebody actually asked me out.

• You should always do it in person if you have the chance.

• I would like to be asked out more in person rather than on phone. :)