What are people from the horn of africa?

Im east African, eritrean to be exact and sometimes when i look in the mirror im confused and dont know what i am... i look mixed but i know im African. When i look at my hair its big long and curly but its not ''nappy'' and when i look at my face i see small sharp features but its the same as arab or white people and my body type, im very thin and have no curves. I often felt like i couldnt really mix with the black people in school but with the white kids neither... i felt kinda confused with who to hang out cause no one considered me truly ''black'' so i hanged with the arab kids because of simiral cultures... so what are we then? I know we are ''black'' but i feel like im ''mixed'' and not fully black... is that true or are just a different kind of black?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, interestingly enough the cause of the Rwandan Genocide had a lot to do with European perceptions of different African groups. They believed the Tutsis were migrants from the Horn of Africa who bore a closer resemblance to Europeans. After independence the Hutus took their revenge. I am not saying any of that is true, but people from different parts of Africa have different cultures and Black American culture probably inherited more from white southern culture than it did from their African homelands.

Most Helpful Girl

• Africans are very diverse. Which is generally why I don't like to use the term "black people" because there's such a huge range of different skin tones, hair textures, body shapes, noses, eyes, so and so.

I know a few people from Eritrea and they do not look like your "typical" black person. And I've noticed that they are all SOO skinny, both guys and girls, never seen a curvy Eritrean girl or a muscly guy, they're so slender. And they do have much sharper features.

Eritreans do look distinct from other Africans for sure, and it may be possible you have a mix of Arab in you, white is possible too, due to Eritreas history with Italians and Brits. But you've also got to remember that Ethiopia have some of the oldest ethnic groups in the whole world too.

Just leave out the label black, and identify yourself as East African or Eritrean if you like, whatever makes you the most comfortable, and whatever feels the most like you. Don't let skin colour define who you are.

What Guys Said 2

• Africa is the most diverse continent in the entire world. All the other continents COMBINE posses nowhere near the amount of racial, ethnical, genetic, linguistic, and religious diversity that exist within Africa. That's why I believe calling everyone in Africa, "Black" is extremely inaccurate as it does not take into account the amount of diversity in that region. The current theory in science and anthropology is that people from the horn of Africa are a mix of Black and Eurasian.

According to DNA evidence, people from the horn of Africa have at least 30% Eurasian DNA. This explains why people from that region possess some degree of Black, White and Asian features. That 30% Eurasian DNA goes back over 4,000 year ago in which people from the Eurasia continent started to migrate back into Africa, especially, the horn of Africa.

So technically you are most likely a mixture of Black, White/Arabian and Asian.

• Most are black and there's a small minority that are mixed.

What Girls Said 1

• Just cause your African doesn't mean you are black. That is why sub Saharan Africans in are considered black but places like Madagascar have Asian ancestry. No one is fully one ethnicity we are all mixed