Friend to girlfriend?

So a little while ago I asked a friend I have known for two years on a date, she said yes. We didn't know when to plan the date because we are always busy, but we already had plans to hang out on the day of the date. So we hung out and after I asked her if she wanted to go on our date. Going from a friend to going on dates is new for both of us because she has never had a boyfriend and I only had one girlfriend. So the date was a little awkard because of the transition, but she agreed to do it again. We have previous plans to hang out this week, should I try to make a suddle move like kiss her or hold her hand or will that be to soon? Or should I just specify everytime we hangout now on it's a date? Or would sometimes we hangout it's a date sometimes it's not? I plan on asking her to be my Girlfriend after four dates if things go well. I don't think that is to soon. Or is it? I think the date got awkard is because we both ran out of things to talk about because we hung out all day and was tired. I need advice because both of us are nerd and like to do nerdy things like play video games, both huge into movie and TV fandoms, we also go to cons together, so most traditional dates seem out of the question.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe start by breaking the touch barriere before kissing her... it might be awkward otherwise. so sutle touch like brushing by her hand and seeing how she reacts or taking her hand is a great way to tests the waters.. just stay natural, you know her best after all

• Relax. See how things go and go with how you feel. If it's meant to work out it will.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should go for the kiss next time it's a "date" or "hangout" Girls in my experience like for the guy to make that move. Go for it!