Is it racist that I'm white and like white boys?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not...

If that were the case, then the majority of the world's population is racist.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That's merely preference and that is fine. You probably like white guys because you're more likely to share the same culture and/or religion... Which may make things easier in the long run... (Because nobody has to consider changing faiths etc. if you wanted to get married etc.)
    I think it's totally fine to have a preference- as long as you're not prejudiced against people of other races and treat everyone equally, you're not racist... In my opinion anyway...

What Guys Said 35

• I don't see it as racist at all , it's preference and that's it. Anyone that thinks your preferences are racially motivated in my opinion is racist themselves

• racism is hating another race, not preferring yours over another. i. e. Loons don't mate with ducks.

• You're an evil racist white supremacist nazi. FEEL BAD.

• Why would that make you racist? What messages have you received that tells you that liking boys of your own race makes you a racist? Where does that come from?

• no
    filler

• racism
    ˈreɪsɪz (ə) m/Submit
    noun
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    "theories of racism"
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    "a programme to combat racism"

TL;DR: No.

• No, it's a preference but you aren't indicating you're prejudiced in any real way. However, I really liked a girl who was Mexican that wanted to date within her race only and I know how frustrating and hurtful it can be to be rejected based on skin color. But it's common among women. So I'd say you're not racist but your preference can and/or will be hurtful to guys who obviously can't change their race.

• No it's not. It's normal to want to be with people similar to yourself.

• There's nothing wrong with having a physical preference. It has nothing to do with racism or prejudice...

• OMG that is blasphemy..

• Yes that is racist... And in fact majority of the world population including myself are racists.
    Just because majority of people engage in this bias that doesn't make it not racist.

• Nah, that by itself doesn't make you racist.

• Depends your reasons for not dating others, so what are they?

• no dating preference isn't raciest

• No not at all. I'm black and I love all beautiful females no matter the race ;) x

• Just a preference...

• real life lols.

good one.

• Are people really this weak? :|

• No, it's just a racial preference.

• You silly humans, and your liking of other humans...

• Yes since you're practicing purity!

• No, it's your choice.

• No its not

• No. Its prefrence. Like what someone likes to eat or wear or listen too.

• Women are less likely to date outside their race. Not racism. Just life.

• no, it's your decide on liking.

• They may just be your type, that's all

• It's only racist if u hate then

• I'm retarded I accidentally said yes. So don't count one of those and no it's not racist in the slightest, just personal preference

• I'm black and only date white girls

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 14

• Why would it be racist? Whites should date whites and blacks should date blacks.

• What do you mean?

• Everyday through school and in the media, we're told to feel guilty and hate ourselves.

• No... you're not. maybe you do harbor racist ideals. most white people do.

• How is that racist? I'm black and I like black guys, am I racist too?

• Some would say you can't be racist because you're black :/

• It's a dating preference. It's not like you hate other races.

• Of course not. You're only racist if you think that non-white people are inferior or if you treat them differently just because they're not white.
    You just like white guys, there's nothing wrong with that.

• In technical terms, yes.
    In real life terms, no... it's okay. Most people prefer or end up being with their own race. It's completely up to you.

• How in the world is that racist?

Is it racist that I'm black and like black boys? No. Whoever told you that is pretty ignorant.

Birds of a feather flock together as they say.

• "Birds of a feather flock together". What does that mean?

• People tend to stay with their own kind, but there are also interracial couples and stuff like that as well.

• Only if you dislike other guys from different races because you find them inherently inferior due to their race

• No it's not racist to have a preference, but it's possible for some people's preferences to be fueled by racism, but I don't know you so I can't really say

• Hell no, it would be racist to be attracted to a black guy and not pursue it because he was black. Attraction doesn't necessarily reflect any sort of racism, I think.

:\

• Some people think it is racist, then you shame you into dating what you're not attracted to :/

• People might be jealousy

• No. Not at all.
    It's just a sexual preference, nothing racist there.

• I've never dated an African American because I've never been attracted to anyone that is. Well not full African American anyway. Not because of their race. I'm not opposed to it. If it's just attraction then, no. It's not racist. You can't help who you're attracted to.

• It's your preference.

• No. It only sounds weird if you'll date 'white boys' EXCLUSIVELY, just because they're white.