How long should you go out with a man you don't find physically attractive?

In the hopes that physical attraction may eventually develop.

Very nice man, but don't find him physically attractive at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• One date. I can see keeping an open mind and going on a single date with someone, but that is the limit. Going on dates with people you normally wouldn't consider is good as it opens you up to new experiences, but if you don't feel a spark by the end of the first date then just move on. You will just be leading him on as he develops feelings. Women trying to give guys a chance beyond that, just make the guys feel used and lead on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would honestly say you shouldn't go out with someone at all if you don't find them physically attractive. If you're thinking attraction will develop though and it hasn't happened after a few dates, I would say to move on. It's not fair to the other person. Everyone deserves to be with someone who finds them attractive.

So, if the attraction isn't there, then let him down gently and move on so you can find someone you are attracted to and he can find someone who genuinely likes and is attracted to him in return. Leading people on isn't cool (I'm not saying you're intentionally doing that, but the longer you stay with him knowing that you don't feel the same way, the worse it will be for him).

What Guys Said 11

• in hopes it may develop?

If that is something that the person is really counting on, because they really want too, then try for as long as they can.

• 3 dates

• I wouldn't if it is not there at start it is unlikely to develop - Become friends by all means but date no - Someone will get hurt.

• Why would you go out with them in the first place, if you didn't find them physically attractive?

• Month or two. It's more to see if his inner goodness attracts you. I don't think in and of itself his type will suddenly turn you on. That's how it works with me and women.

• No time at all, just leave stop wasting his time...

• I would feel pretty strung along if someone was just with me and not attracted to me.

• Need long time, spend time together. Maybe sometimes you fall in love with he just some small details.

• It depends if sex/affection are important to your relationship.

• than why waste your time tell him the truth
    but treat him nice please cause you women suck at it lol

• Zero times should be the number.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't be dating them at all in the first place, I need to be attracted to them in the first place.

I get it you probably wanted it to catch up with his personality, but you can't trick yourself into liking someone no matter how much you want to.

• I won't date a guy unless we have been friends first. I want to get to know their personality and don't want the pressure of romantic feelings to be the driving force in me dating them. If you're not physically attracted to them, I wouldn't date them. If you see potential, then try it out for a month or two. See if things change. If they don't, then cut your losses.

• I wouldn't. It wouldn't really be right to date a guy I wasn't totally attracted to.

• As long as you can stand it. You don't owe him your affection for being nice. You've got a single life to live, spend it in the company of people you find wholly attractive and don't feel bad. Attraction can develop over time but it's not like a switch you just flip on.

• I went on a couple of dates with a guy recently and whether physically / as a person, I just didn't feel that excitement that I felt I should with something new like that... so I cancelled the third date... I felt like a bitch but I thought it would be worse to keep seeing someone and giving them the wrong idea then to just back out at a later date.

• Zero days.
    Don't waste his time.