She is a single mother and I heard she likes me, I asked her out but she said only as friends, what does this mean?

She would say hi, blush and look down when we saw each other, she asks my friends about me, I asked her out, she took forever to respond, she said yes but just as friends because she doesn't like to date, she insisted on paying for herself, I told her I had feelings for her but she changes the subject, she signals her friends she's waiting for me to make a move but when we're together she is very hesitant to be close... I am totally lost on this one.

I asked her out again and she said she couldn't go out because she couldn't find a sitter for her kids but 2 hrs later she posts a pic of her and her female friend on Facebook all dressed up and mentions they are going to an upscale night club. I'm devastated and debating on whether to give her another opportunity or unfriend her and forget about her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you are getting false information from the friends? It doesn't really matter what others are saying or what she is saying to them. What matters is what she is presenting to you when you go are together. She sounds commitment shy, or maybe she's saving you, or maybe she is waiting to see how she feels about you while you continue to be friends until she is sure. In either case, you can't let the situation become lopsided. If you continue to "date" her as a friend, eventually that is how she will see you (It's probable she already sees you this way). She will continue to soak up your attention and affections without committing, or allowing you to cross that boundary. Only one of you will get what they want out of this and eventually you will become so frustrated that she will distance herself. I've been in this situation before. Do yourself a favor and walk away.

What Girls Said 1

• Just keep trying to talk to her eventually she may break.

What Guys Said 4

• Touchy situation but it could still work

• If you want you can message me about it dude. I'm something of an old hand at getting to know single mothers

• Could be she's hurt from a previous relationship.

• I would just bring up the fact that you heard she likes you, and directly ask her what she thinks. If she wavered or acted coy, I'd never seek her out again. Life's too short.

• You have just been friend-zoned by a woman with kids... Congratulations... ahaha